Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs down Shower hot / cold connection

I found the elbow connection to the shower mixer had cracked. I had to disconnect and cap the water supply en route. I’m now reconnecting and don’t know which side is hot - or cold. Of course I should have labeled!
The Winnebago plumbing diagrams are of no assistance.
Anybody out there know?
MarinerGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

No marking on the lines, flex tubes so that the right is not necessarily the cold?
Not much info to go on so my best try would be to tie the connections on the faucet and leave the access open for getting it backward.
The old 50-50 shot is often not working!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

It looks like you have a View. The cold side is going to have a extra connection feeding the toilet that the hot side won't have. Maybe you can see which is which from that.

Other than that I suggest you buy a 1/2" sharkbite coupling and the 1/2" sharkbite tool that lets you release the tube from a fitting if need be. Do one side, you have a 50-50 chance of getting right. In any case you'll know hot and cold at that point and, if wrong you can use the release tool to disconnect and fix.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The flexible supply lines are color coded. The shower mixer itself has no visible markings I intended to not secure the panel until joints have been pressure tested. What I will have to do is heat the tank and see what becomes hot.
Thanks for answering.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Good idea, I shall try a mirror and see if I can see a T junction. If not, Imshall just heat the tank and see which side is hot. Then I will caulk.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Okay if the lines are ID'd, then put the coldon the right side as facing the faucet and that should be correct. I was thinking the lines were not ID, but the faucet itself is standard to have the cold on the right as we look from the front.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I will take your advice. I have decided to try right - cold - when facing as for normal plumbing, but will leave the panel loose until I have checked for leaks and fired up the hot water to ensure the system really dies follows normal plumbing.
Thank you for your help.
This site is very - very helpful - thank you one and all.

Tags
shower