Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sewer hose doesn't fit!

Hi so been dark a few months due to having to go and spend time in the uk with a sick parent. But now have to get ready for our cross country trip with 2 was prep instead of 4 months. Went to hook up the sewer hose and it does`doest fit through the hole in the floor. Spoke to the local rv shop and they said oh its a winnebago and they only use the hose without a 90 degree bend and a fitting for the dump site. You need to buy a new hose without the elbow or remove it from the hose you have. (Which came with the rv).

Anyone else experienced this?

2000 Winnebago Journey 36G

Thanks in advance
nij_tp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

nij Tp.
I cut/ground off the tabs on the hose fitting and still had to grind out a small amount of material from the floor hole with a dremel tool.
I use the rhino flex hose system from Walmart.
my hose fitting fits through the hole with the hose attached very well now.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #3
EV2
Winnebago Watcher

Just purchase the short, straight adapter section and add it to your existing elbow.
EV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I use a 5" clear adapter to go through the floor of the wet bay, Hose hooks to a 45 degree elbow on the bottom of that and off to the hole in the ground.

There is no elbow on the female (RV end) of the hose.. the elbow is an add on to the extension.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I use the red Valtera fittings that fit through the hole ...a couple of years ago I made up a short piece of hose that stays attached to the clear elbow I added to the dump port and is capped when not in use. When connecting to a dump site, the other end of the short hose with a Valtera male fitting extends through the hole with female fitting attached. Other brand bayonet type fittings will attach. I normally use a Rhino connected to it. I have several hoses, all configured as extensions. To connect any of the extensions to the sewer dump, I use the Valtera elbow with bayonet female fitting.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all the replies. Have a question for wa8yxm, does the 5" clear make it from the winnebago fitting through the hole in the floor with enough to spare to make it an easy connection. Sorry for the possible dumb questions.
nij_tp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I found that the Rhino hose end fits through going up from the bottom if you angle it just right. Once you find the sweet spot and have done it a few times it becomes automatic with no modifications to the hose ends or coach. A tight sewer collar like Winnie has is a double edged sword in that its leaves a smaller opening for vermin to enter but also makes it harder to thread the sewer hose through.

Some will put a permanent clear elbow in place going through the bottom of the bay and then put a sewer cap on it while traveling. They then just permanently seal the bottom of the bay to the elbow and also extend the fresh water port similarly.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
I found that the Rhino hose end fits through going up from the bottom if you angle it just right. Once you find the sweet spot and have done it a few times it becomes automatic with no modifications to the hose ends or coach. A tight sewer collar like Winnie has is a double edged sword in that its leaves a smaller opening for vermin to enter but also makes it harder to thread the sewer hose through.

Some will put a permanent clear elbow in place going through the bottom of the bay and then put a sewer cap on it while traveling. They then just permanently seal the bottom of the bay to the elbow and also extend the fresh water port similarly.
We had the same experience with our 2001 Adventurer. When coming up from the bottom you can angle the bayonet on the fitting through the small part of the hole. We used both Valterra and Rhino Flex hoses and both would go through the opening when coming up from the bottom.

I would be careful about modifying the entry port. As with most plastics the strength in derived from the reinforcing. In this case it's accomplished by having downward facing ring around the opening. Once part of the ring is removed the whole bottom of the compartment becomes more flexible and susceptible to cracking.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We got one of these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ent-hose/49412