Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

see level 709 sensor for fresh water tank 04 winnebago

I am trying to mount the fresh water tank sensor for the see level measurement system. I have an 04 Winnebago journey 34H (freightliner chasis). I have located the fresh water tank and it is about 16" in depth and is suspended beneath the chasis beams. Therefore the sides of the tank are not accessible but the front and rear ends of the tank are accessible. There is a small plate on the front end that is screwed in. It appears that the rivets of the large end plate will have to be drilled out.

Can anyone out there who has the same chasis as mine give me some advice on which end of the fresh water tank is best for mounting the sensor. I called Garnet Tech. but they were not able to help.

Can anybody help me?

jim & debbie, 04 winnebago journey 34h + suzuki sx4 toad
jimmccreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have the older 36' but it sounds like our FWT configuration is the same. See the pic below. I was able to install two sensors on the tank and wire them together. One sensor was installed via the opening thru the plate you see on the front of the compartment. The other sensor was installed from above via the storage compartment. I get very accurate readings with this set up.

If you do a search on See Level, you will likely find a thread from several years ago by JoeK. At the time, he had the same coach as I now have and did a nice post on installation of the See Level system.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

smlranger,
a great photo is worth a thousand words. you have answered my question.
thanks

jim & debbie, 04 winnebago journey, 34h,+ suzuki sx4 toad
Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmccreary View Post
smlranger,
a great photo is worth a thousand words. you have answered my question.
thanks

jim & debbie, 04 winnebago journey, 34h,+ suzuki sx4 toad
It has been some time since I installed mine but I do remember that the instructions speak of using two sensors (one above the other and wired together) for tanks taller than one sensor. And, there is a certain way you remove a tab?? from the sensors to tell the logic that you have wired them that way. I seem to remember forgetting to remove that tab and getting 'err' when I first checked my fresh water level. I had to re-enter that area and cut the tab off with a small box cutter.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Let me know how it works out for you. I just ordered the 713CC today and am looking forward to the install on our 06 Winnie. Are you using the exsisting wires or are you doing a fresh re-wire of the system?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I will be using existing wires. The gray and black water tank existing sensors are easily accessible. I am not sure I will be able to use the fresh water tank wires but smlranger's photo shows that these should be accessible too.

jim & debbie 04 winnebago journey 34h + suzuki sx4 toad
Old 04-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmccreary View Post
I will be using existing wires. The gray and black water tank existing sensors are easily accessible. I am not sure I will be able to use the fresh water tank wires but smlranger's photo shows that these should be accessible too.

It's not a problem Jim. The sensor wires are right in front. Just take the front panel off of the fresh water tank and use the old wires. I did mine about 3 years ago and it looks just like the picture.
Bill j.

2012 Honda CRV / M&G Braking
bill jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

thanks Bill,
I am encouraged. and now I really believe I can do this