Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sealand model 110 Toilet leaking

Fellow geniuses, my toilet is leaking from the bottom where the base meets the floor. The owners manual troubleshooting guide says that the gasket on the bottom has probably failed.

I removed the toilet, and saw that the gasket was deformed and not sealing. Eureka! I though, and went to the dealer and paid $28 for a part that is $18 everywhere else.

I reinstalled it, and it didn't leak for a full 5 minutes. Better, but a little disappointing if dry floors are your preference. I pulled the toilet, and verified that the gasket was crushed and sealing where it should be, and it was.

A new toilet is so cheap that it is nearly free. $140 shipped to the door. I am not going to suffer much more brain damage before I get a new, maybe taller one.

So, my question is...what toilets just bolt on to the flange and have minimal modification needed for water line hookup and hand sprayer accommodation?

I don't really need the sprayer, I suppose.

Do the Thetfords bolt on, etc??
Leardriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I don't see how to edit.
2004 Brave 32V Workhorse.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leardriver View Post
Fellow geniuses, my toilet is leaking from the bottom where the base meets the floor. The owners manual troubleshooting guide says that the gasket on the bottom has probably failed.

I removed the toilet, and saw that the gasket was deformed and not sealing. Eureka! I though, and went to the dealer and paid $28 for a part that is $18 everywhere else.

I reinstalled it, and it didn't leak for a full 5 minutes. Better, but a little disappointing if dry floors are your preference. I pulled the toilet, and verified that the gasket was crushed and sealing where it should be, and it was.

A new toilet is so cheap that it is nearly free. $140 shipped to the door. I am not going to suffer much more brain damage before I get a new, maybe taller one.

So, my question is...what toilets just bolt on to the flange and have minimal modification needed for water line hookup and hand sprayer accommodation?

I don't really need the sprayer, I suppose.

Do the Thetfords bolt on, etc??
By chance is the vacuum break leaking??

I am only guessing here. If you have a flange with bolt slots any RV toilet should fit. Sprayer? I use mine all the time. I tried to find a picture of the 110 but couldn't. Obsolete??

Rick Y
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I think it is also called the Traveler Lite.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I had a leaking toilet in my Adventurer. I think the toilet was the same type as yours. I found the bowl had a small crack in it. I had to buy a new toilet to get a ceramic bowl, but it cost less that way. I also had to modify the original stand so the "key" in the toilet would fit.

Maybe that's the problem.

Scott
Old 06-11-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

After reading your message again, I think you need either a new mounting flange, a new base or both. I would get a new toilet with a flange for that toilet and be done with it.

Scott
Old 06-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Perhaps I had two leaks. The mounting flange is sealed now, and the flush valve is leaking where the shaft goes down into the body. Off to the parts diagram to order another part.
I really want a new toilet, but you guys haven't talked me into it

Tags
leak, seal, toilet