Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Wink Toilet paper tests

This was interesting. But after 40 years of motorhome toilet usage (and being concerned about the subject) there is an easier way to test. Simply have a roll of each on hand. Then when you have a particularly soft BM wipe with each and see which (at its worst) let’s your finger pass through. On a more serious side (actually I was serious then too), simply place several sheets into the water in your commode and stir with a toilet brush. I have gone to the Scott sometime ago.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #42
Proud “No Intent” Owner
 
Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 560
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
This was interesting. But after 40 years of motorhome toilet usage (and being concerned about the subject) there is an easier way to test. Simply have a roll of each on hand. Then when you have a particularly soft BM wipe with each and see which (at its worst) let’s your finger pass through. On a more serious side (actually I was serious then too), simply place several sheets into the water in your commode and stir with a toilet brush. I have gone to the Scott sometime ago.
Great Scott!

What type of Scott do you have. RV specific, or household septic safe?
__________________
26 m 2018 Intent Owner with too many upgrades to mention. Seriously...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums248.html
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Toilet paper tests

We have used the Scott “RV Safe” and we have also used the Scott 1000 sheet rolls. If I’m forced to use others I do the toilet brush swirl test. I have not had a problem over six motorhomes but we are always careful to rinse thoroughly when we empty the tanks.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:14 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 66
Can you see the sensor strip on the outside of the tank ? sometimes they peel off and give a crappy reading. not likely you have internal sensors. also driving around with pile of icecubes inside the black tank may help to clean crud of the walls.
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:29 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: NW WI
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMinnie View Post
Can you see the sensor strip on the outside of the tank ? sometimes they peel off and give a crappy reading. not likely you have internal sensors. also driving around with pile of icecubes inside the black tank may help to clean crud of the walls.
They've done mock tests with ice cubes. And they don't move, just melt. To get them to fly around, the road would have to be so rough the rig would fall apart and my teeth would be rattling... Utube has vids showing tests...
SaltLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:13 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: On The Road
Posts: 55
Thumbs up Great minds....I did test with 5 brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Ok, I’m bored, so I’m running a test between two popular RV toilet papers, and a third one for home use.

All “say” septic safe. I used the same amount of paper in terms of length, and measured the thickness (I folded each one in 3rds) with a micrometer.

I also used the same ratio in the jars that I’d find in my black tank, using Thetford’s Aqua Kem.

I’ll post the results when I see how these break down. In the meantime, let the jokes roll in...
About 1 year ago I did a similar test....no chemical. I wanted to know exactly how the paper itself would behave. Used 2 cups of water and 3 sheets of each brand. Put water in jars, added sheets, stirred 3 times with teaspoon. My test showed BEYOND A DOUBT.. SCOTT RAPID DISSOLVE was the winner. It broke down much better than the other 4. Now it's the only 1 I buy. Can't wait t see your results.
Sheilag1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:51 PM   #47
Proud “No Intent” Owner
 
Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 560
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilag1848 View Post
About 1 year ago I did a similar test....no chemical. I wanted to know exactly how the paper itself would behave. Used 2 cups of water and 3 sheets of each brand. Put water in jars, added sheets, stirred 3 times with teaspoon. My test showed BEYOND A DOUBT.. SCOTT RAPID DISSOLVE was the winner. It broke down much better than the other 4. Now it's the only 1 I buy. Can't wait t see your results.
The results I videoed, are located on page one of this thread...
__________________
26 m 2018 Intent Owner with too many upgrades to mention. Seriously...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums248.html
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RV Toilet Paper moabdds Winnebago Lifestyle 46 04-17-2020 08:50 PM
Test Plug Size for Toilet Removal Nomad Mike Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 9 05-27-2015 08:51 PM
Where to buy paper towels for 2013 Tour marco1b Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 18 01-31-2014 03:10 PM
Toilet Paper Robert Rice Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 11 03-28-2008 04:36 PM
Winnebago "Drop Test" LouRobin Winnebago Travel Trailers 12 07-20-2006 04:02 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×