Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2022, 06:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Replacing the City Fill/Fresh Water Tank fill valve

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I have a 2004 Sightseer.
We had an unexpected freeze here and when the water can back on my inline water pressure regulator was damaged and I have a gushing full force fresh water leak on the outside of the RV near the connection to the city fill. the pressure blew off the knob that switches the water between drawing city water directly to the plumbing inside and the fresh water tank fill.

I have turned off the water from the external source and ordered a replacement in line pressure regulator and a "sharkbite 1/4 turn water valve 1/2" " but i have no idea how to change out this valve for the existing one (or even how to get the panel off.)
can anyone help?
thanks! jonah

its possible that the issue is something else but:
*the water that leaks only leaks when the city water is on and now that the valve had blow off, it just shoots direction out of the rv in a sold pretty high pressure stream

*turning on the pump no long bring water from the fresh tank into the faucets (I assumed because there is a hole in the system and therefore not enough pressure in the pipes)

*there is no leaking that I am aware of inside the RV

* there is not leaking that I am aware of from any other pipes or hoses or holding tanks.
jonahaline is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, valves, water