Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

My black water tank shows full all the time...I've done the Calgon deal but to no avail. I don't want to install another system unless I have to so was wondering if you can remove the sensors for cleaning? I have easy access to the exterior of the tanks where the sensors are installed.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My black water tank shows full all the time...I've done the Calgon deal but to no avail. I don't want to install another system unless I have to so was wondering if you can remove the sensors for cleaning? I have easy access to the exterior of the tanks where the sensors are installed.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I think they just screw out. But if you are like me, you might find that what is actually bad is the orange resistor that is attached to it. There is a harness system that attaches to the three sensors on the tank and the orange sensor is part of that harness. You may need to replace that.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I would not remove the sensors === leaks.

How to adjust the senitivity of each light group.

Two screws hold the complete panel in place.
Look at the back side of the Holding Tank circuit board. For each light group (Black, Gray, Fresh) is an adjustment pot. Look for a very small hole behind each light group. Look in each small hole and you can see where to insert a very-very-very small philips screwdrver. These adjustment pots are used to adjust the senitivity of the lights.

Be careful
Old 07-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I read on a board to fill tank half full, put in 1 to 2 cups Dawn dish soap, drive, drain & flush. I did this on our last trip to Vegas, about 90 miles. Got to campground, drained the tank, then backflushed for about 15 min. Closed valve, backflushed some more, & opened valve. Did this several times. I installed one of those clear 45 degree adaptors & it was amazing how much stuff still came out after the initial drain. The black tank sensors work a lot better now. I only wish I had a backflush for the grey tanks. The lights are still a little squirley on it.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Logthumper is on target. If your tank is clean and there is not material lodged on your sensors, the problem just may be it is to sensative. I had a 97 adventure and after a lot of frustration I adjusted the sensitivity pots and it worked fine.

When I purchased my current coach I had the same problem and after backing off the sensitivity it works fine. Give it a try.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Just for general info, full readings are not due to dirty sensors.
The circuit is a simple resistance measuring device and a dirty sensor would cause a low reading - not a full reading.
The culprit is often crud build-up on the tank walls, that when wet can fool the circuit into thinking that the tank contains more fluid than it really does.

My solution is buy the new non-contact system that is now standard when I get to the factory in August.
According to customer service at Winnebago, it's a drop-in replacement for the existing Ventline system. Youhave to add some active sensors to the sides of the tanks, but that's pretty easy on my Sightseer.