Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

propane pipes leaking?

HI

the winnie 2001 journey dl..Brunner eng tank company is gone. so cant fix this propaine tank!! need to replace it..

any one know the best RV propane tank replacement company.

the manchester INdiana company does not have drawings anymore for the old brunner tank mounting bracket..so they might not be able to replace the tank.

so the tank reads 0'inches of propane.. empty.. but i opened the 1 psi pressure reducer
valve and it has been outgassing for months now? i plan to tank off the 1 psi rubber hose, and then re-open the 1 psi pressure reducer and see if that will let it out-gas totally.

anyone done this to beable to replace the tank.

joe
joeastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

update to the propane fill assembly leaky

hi

my journy dl 2001 winnie the pooh...! most everything has broken on it. is a bad year.

problem: propane fill assembly leaks
the bruner tank company is gone long time ago. another company purchased something from them but does not have anything left.. no parts, no drawing..

so we removed the fill assembly and float.. it is called a Brown-Valve. it is a standard
acme fill with check valve float that goes into the tank top. this assembly bolts with 4 bolts to the stainless tank flange.

Here is the problem. there is a special O-ring. flat-flat type. 1.54" ID by 2.02" OD and it is 0.10" thick but is 0.23" inches WIDE!!

any one know where you can get this O-ring.. it is not on any standard list.

suburbon propane company happen to have some when i went there to get the
tank fill purged. .he had the o-ring he said. so we put one on and bolted it up.
but it turns out it did not bolt flat flat against the flanges.. and again it leaks.

so i dumped the propane and will see if suburbon has another one. and try to get
the company name that may still make this special size o-ring. suburbons o-ring
is brittle, old, and does not seem to seal.

dont know how many winnies they used this bruner tank upon.! but if you have a winnie pusher 2000 to 2005 you may be stuck with this problem.

joe
Old 04-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

you can close this propoane winne issue. the tank had a crack in it probably by the front
RV chasses bolt system. we hit a bad bump once. the tank may have hit the ground.
i fixed the brown valve by machining the aluminum surface clean.. and a new flat-0-ring. but
it still leaked. we have purchased a ysn203 16" OD propane tank.. and installed it.

Tags
leak, propane