Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Ok, I just de-winterized the rig in preperation for the trip. I filled the fresh water tank and added bleach in order to sanitize the lines. After running water through the sinks with the hose connection to get all the antifreeze out, I disconnected the hose and started to run the onboard pump and pump from the filled fresh water tank of bleached water, to get this in my lines. All of the sudden the kitchen sink water STOPPED comming out of the faucet, both hot and cold. It was still comming through the bathroom sink. I am looking at the plumbing prints of my coach and they are not that detailed as to just where the kitchen sink feed lines come from that I can see. Any Ideas just what might be wrong? I get water to all the other outlets just not the kitchen sink. Weird.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Ok, I just de-winterized the rig in preperation for the trip. I filled the fresh water tank and added bleach in order to sanitize the lines. After running water through the sinks with the hose connection to get all the antifreeze out, I disconnected the hose and started to run the onboard pump and pump from the filled fresh water tank of bleached water, to get this in my lines. All of the sudden the kitchen sink water STOPPED comming out of the faucet, both hot and cold. It was still comming through the bathroom sink. I am looking at the plumbing prints of my coach and they are not that detailed as to just where the kitchen sink feed lines come from that I can see. Any Ideas just what might be wrong? I get water to all the other outlets just not the kitchen sink. Weird.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

bobpie,
If all faucets in other areas are working including the shower and toilet, the only thing I can think of is the faucet screen is clogged or the faucet H/C select. is gone south. I would hook it back up to city water and try it again just to make sure it works on city water. Back tracking the plumbing from the sink to the pump should be a short run. Make sure all the by-pass water selectors are in the right positions like the tankfill/city water for the hose. Also check the filter screen at the water pump to make sure it's clean
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
Ok, I just de-winterized the rig in preperation for the trip. I filled the fresh water tank and added bleach in order to sanitize the lines. After running water through the sinks with the hose connection to get all the antifreeze out, I disconnected the hose and started to run the onboard pump and pump from the filled fresh water tank of bleached water, to get this in my lines. All of the sudden the kitchen sink water STOPPED comming out of the faucet, both hot and cold. It was still comming through the bathroom sink. I am looking at the plumbing prints of my coach and they are not that detailed as to just where the kitchen sink feed lines come from that I can see. Any Ideas just what might be wrong? I get water to all the other outlets just not the kitchen sink. Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it was running fine and then stopped all of a sudden then try removing the aerator from the spout as the crud dislodged by the bleach may have plugged it. If you switch back to city water instead of the pump are the results simular?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Try cleaning the screen at the kitchen faucet. I am referring to the aerator on the faucet.

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Well, you guys hit the nail right on the head. I took the screen out of the faucet head and it was clogged. Cleaned it off and it works as before. Some times I just go into BRAIN lock. Thanks again. I'm glad this was an easy fix.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Bobpie,

More then likely the stuff in the faucet screen was from the hotwater heater/pipe lime scale.
It might help if the Hotwater heater is flushed out before hooking up the city or tank water supply. You would be supprised to see what lays in the bottom of that waterheater during the year!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bobpie:
Ok, I just de-winterized the rig in preperation for the trip. I filled the fresh water tank and added bleach in order to sanitize the lines. After running water through the sinks with the hose connection to get all the antifreeze out, I disconnected the hose and started to run the onboard pump and pump from the filled fresh water tank of bleached water, to get this in my lines. All of the sudden the kitchen sink water STOPPED comming out of the faucet, both hot and cold. It was still comming through the bathroom sink. I am looking at the plumbing prints of my coach and they are not that detailed as to just where the kitchen sink feed lines come from that I can see. Any Ideas just what might be wrong? I get water to all the other outlets just not the kitchen sink. Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plain white vinegar is the best calcium descaler u can get:
1. Add 1 gal of any cheapo white vinegar per 15 gals of water and run throught ur water lines (shower, bath/kitchen sink, outside shower faucett, toilet etc) and water heater until u smell the vinegar. Let sit for at least 4-8 hrs then drain and fill with fresh water and run through lines. I would then drain once more and flush the water heater out then refill the entire system again w/fresh water if u intend to use the onboard tank. This procedure is also very good to do AFTER u have sanitized the system with the 1/4 cup bleach per 15 gals of water.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed/Full-time:
Bobpie,

More then likely the stuff in the faucet screen was from the hotwater heater/pipe lime scale.
It might help if the Hotwater heater is flushed out before hooking up the city or tank water supply. You would be supprised to see what lays in the bottom of that waterheater during the year! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea, I always drain out the water heater after every trip, and the water lines. I like to put in fresh water every time!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Bobpie,
After you drain the HW heater remember there is still 1 to 2 quarts of water left in the bottom. I use a clear plastic hose and drain the rest out. If you don't it just sits in there and builds up deposits.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed/Full-time:
Bobpie,
After you drain the HW heater remember there is still 1 to 2 quarts of water left in the bottom. I use a clear plastic hose and drain the rest out. If you don't it just sits in there and builds up deposits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No I did't know that, thanks Ed. I Guess that's where the build up came from that blocked my screen up.