Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Hi has anyone installed a power water hose reel on their coach ... either this one shown at

Camping World Hose Reel

or something similar?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hi has anyone installed a power water hose reel on their coach ... either this one shown at

Camping World Hose Reel

or something similar?
Old 10-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I don't have one, but I did see the camper next to us us it in his Travel Supreme MH. It was in a box all by itself. He didn't even get his hands dirty! It takes up a lot of room in the storage bay.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have one similar to that which was an option on our Vectra when we ordered it. It's very convenient and easy to use. You manually pull the hose out and push a switch to retract it.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi has anyone installed a power water hose reel on their coach </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not insatll it however I do have this reel on my coach. It came as standard equipment and love how it works. You pull a lenght out as long as needed and retracts using an electric motor via a toggle switch. It stands vertical in the Wet bay and takes up about 2x as much room as the hose by it self would.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I also found one in mine when I got it. Love it for the ease of use. It rolls the hose much tighter than you can yourself so in the end takes up about the same space as the hose would when you roll it up.

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
arkaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The one that came in our Horizon is great.

Only comment I have is that they use a 3/4 inch hose on the reel and reduce the output to the water feed on the coach to 3/8 or 1/2 inch therefore reduced flow.

I have the same motorized reel for our 50A power cord. It is quite a convenience.

New Port Richey, FL
NR4A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I finished installing the HoseMaster in my 2004 Journey ...

You can see a couple of pictures and a description at
Hose Reel Info
Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

skigramp,

I went a little different way on my hose reel. I bought a Harbor Frieght 25' air hose reel ($39 on sale) and changed the air hose for 1/2" water hose. I took the rotary joint apart and enlarged the ports as much as possible to reduce the restriction to water volume. I then cut and welded the base to shorten the height of the reel so it would fit between the frame and my water box (15"). I bolted the the base to the frame and cut a square hole for the hose to protude thru the back of the water box. Now I just pull out what I need and then it ratchets back when I unhook.
The coach is stored for the winter so I won't be able to post any pictures, but I would be glad to answer any questions.

Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

NR4A, with the 3/4 hose and provided the campground is using 3/4 pipe and supply, when it is reduced to 1/2---3/8 pipe,this would give you more pressure in the Moho, but less volume.
Don't know if it would be enough for your to notice the difference tho..Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote