Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Question Plumbing Question

I am in the process of getting my RV ready for it's first journey. De-winterized it today put fresh water on board - checked pump - hot water heater etc.

A few hours later my wife looked and saw that we had a drip under the coach. This was right in the middle of the first and second compartments behind the passenger. Upon further investigation it looks there is an over flow hose made of rubber about 2 1/2 feet from the outside. It is not associated with the drain hose for the water tank - can only trace the hose into the top of the compartment - it goes on I am sure but to where - I dunno??

Looked up the plumbing diagrams - but couldn't find any reference to this hose.

Any body out there who can shed some light on this for me?

2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

drain a little?

I suggest you drain 5 gallons of water out of your water tank ... wait an hour and see if the drip goes away ...

I have a different coach so do not know the exact location of your overflow ... but I know if I fill my tank with fresh water and then the water heats up the expansion cause the overflow to drip for awhile ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Heart View Post
I am in the process of getting my RV ready for it's first journey. De-winterized it today put fresh water on board - checked pump - hot water heater etc.

A few hours later my wife looked and saw that we had a drip under the coach. This was right in the middle of the first and second compartments behind the passenger. Upon further investigation it looks there is an over flow hose made of rubber about 2 1/2 feet from the outside. It is not associated with the drain hose for the water tank - can only trace the hose into the top of the compartment - it goes on I am sure but to where - I dunno??

Looked up the plumbing diagrams - but couldn't find any reference to this hose.

Any body out there who can shed some light on this for me?

2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
it is probably the potable water tank overflow.
i suggest that you hook up your water service hose to the pressure fill port again and turn it on. you should get a steady stream of water out of the overfill hose when the tank is full. on my moho, it dribbles for a long time after the water hose is disconnected.
if you have a gravity fill port, open the access panel before servicing at the pressure fill port.
on my moho, water will run into the basement water tank compartment if the gravity fill door is not open when the water tank fills up and overflows. it leaks at the slot for the latch on the gravity fill door. i got about 1 inch of water in the compartment the first time i filled the tank. it took a long time to dry out and all my tools got wet.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Since this is after dewinterizing, is it possible for a water line low point drain to be open?
What about the refrig. drain line? Does that terminate anywhere near your drip location?
Just random thoughts.........
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

What about the refrig. drain line? that is where mind it located
Old 03-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

One thought. I know you said it's not the 'fridge drain line cause the fridge is not on

However if wife CLEANED the frige.. she may have used water,, and thus may have rinse water dripping out of the tube
Old 03-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minisprint View Post
What about the refrig. drain line? that is where mind it located
On my Itasca, it is routed into the access panel outside and into a metal tray. The tube has a very small hole in it and DO NOT ENLARGE IT!

It is small to allow water to come out but limit the size of the dinosaurs that come in.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If it is the fresh water overflow, which I suspect it is, it's great fun to drive down the road with it dripping until the tank reaches a normal full level. Besides, it freaks out the 4-wheelers who think it is gray water (or worse)! (Just kidding, of course!)
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

As the other's have said, it sounds like the fresh water overflow. If you are still hooked up to city water, check your fill valve. I had a similar occurrence and it turned out that I had not completely shut off the fill valve. Water trickled out the over flow tube of the fresh water tank until I discovered the valve was not turned completely.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote