Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Parts for shower diverter valve

I have a 2000 Horizon. The shower head leaks. I've called Winnebago and they don't know the brand of the shower diverter only that they purchased it from the distributor Kevco and Kevco is out of business. Member MAGUMBA said the Lasco Valley 0-3087 seat and spring will work so I purchased it and it does work however I still have a leak due to a cracked part in the cartridge. After a couple of days of searching I have not been able to find the cartridge. I have searched for Delta, Valley, Moen, Aqualine and Eljer cartridges on Amazon, Ebay and Google. My cartridge has a square broach (that is the part the knob attaches to). Does anyone know where to purchase the cartridge or an entire diverter valve that will be a direct replacement?
bsamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

bsamole, I have been searching and cannot get parts catalog to match. Our 03 Journey had a Moen and I have those part numbers. But your WBGO part number is different. Somethings point to Phoenix Faucets but they do not show a single control on there web site.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The Winnebago part number is 131340-01-01A but they don't know who the manufacture is.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Just installed one in S&B. It has square valve. It is an aqua-source
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Wouldn't it be just as easy to replace the whole faucet? That's what I did. They're not that expensive either.
borderboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I would love to replace the whole faucet but I have been unable to find one that has the inputs 180 degrees from each other on the sides of the faucet and the shower exit facing up. If yours is the same design please let me know what you replaced it with. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

What do they say at the parts counter of your local Winnebago dealer?

Lichtsinn is a very good source for parts and info too:
Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors

Mine has a standard residential Moen on the shower with Peerless(Delta) faucets on the sinks.

Sometimes just sauntering into a Home Depot, Lowes or Ace with the old stem will allow you to match up the make from the chart and samples in the plumbing isle. A real plumber may recognize it at first glance.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Shower Valve

bsamole, This is what WBGO when to in late MY2003.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moen 1.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	72549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moen 2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	72550  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moen 3.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	72551  
Old 09-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamole View Post
I have a 2000 Horizon. The shower head leaks. I've called Winnebago and they don't know the brand of the shower diverter only that they purchased it from the distributor Kevco and Kevco is out of business. Member MAGUMBA said the Lasco Valley 0-3087 seat and spring will work so I purchased it and it does work however I still have a leak due to a cracked part in the cartridge. After a couple of days of searching I have not been able to find the cartridge. I have searched for Delta, Valley, Moen, Aqualine and Eljer cartridges on Amazon, Ebay and Google. My cartridge has a square broach (that is the part the knob attaches to). Does anyone know where to purchase the cartridge or an entire diverter valve that will be a direct replacement?
You may be able to match it visually if you take it to Lowe's or HD. They have many cartridges on hand. If the cartridge size fits and seals you can always get a handle to fit. Moen seems to be popular now in many of the RV's. Personally I don't like their products.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

The diagram sent by grtharris was a good lead. Interesting the great detail for what looks like an off the shelf Moen 62300. However the diagram shows four screw holes two for mounting to the MH and two for the trim kit and the 62300 only has two screw holes. I'm going to take jerichorick's advise and take the valve to Lowes (since Home Depot doesn't always offer veterans discount) and look for a replacement when I get home. In the meantime I purchased a diverter valve for the shower head and blocked off one outlet so I am able to stop the drip by turning the valve handle.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

bsamole, I think the 2 back holes are added my Winnebago.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I called Lichtsinn when mine was leaking, gave them the serial number of my coach and they sent me a repair kit that fit perfectly. I think the cost was around fifteen dollars including shipping.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamole View Post
(since Home Depot doesn't always offer veterans discount)
I feel so "returning home" when they refuse my DD 214. Lowe's IS a better store in most respects. Hope you get the cartridge you need. Many manufactures use the same parts because they ARE the same company. Just different hats. Winnebago or Itasca? Same thing. Different hat.

Tags
parts, shower