Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Outside shower won’t turn off

We’re on a camping trip in Gulf Shores, AL in our 2006 Tour KD...and our outside shower hot water won’t turn off. I can’t find any one who has the replacement part in stock ...so I guess I’ll have to wait until I get home to fix it. Is there any way to shut off water to the outside shower alone. I have the water shut off to the entire rv now. Or does any one know of a place near Gulf Shores/Mobile AL that might stock these parts?
Tigrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

A quick fix might be get a shower head or pre shower head part with a cut off switch. I know my out side shower head has a built in cut off switch. There are parts you can get to add to the line that cuts the water off.

There is no seperate cut off to the faucet. I could be wrong on this but I believe the out side faucet is RV specific, you will most likely need to replace the whole thing.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I THINK that if you just shut off the water at the shower head, but leave the valve open, that the water will mix at the valve and mess with the water temperature of the faucets inside. But it's quick, easy and cheap to try adding a showerhead shut off valve, you can find one in all of the home stores and hardware stores.

You could also cut the hot water line at the back of the faucet (leave plenty on the faucet to work with) and add a shut off valve there. Once added there will be no reason to ever remove it. It'll fix your problem now and won't hurt being there when you get the shower properly fixed.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I did a check of the parts, hoping to find more info on type of line but not able to find really good info but did find this:
FAUCET/SHOWER -.5"MPT W/1.9" INLET PIPES- EXTERIOR/BRT WHT
this seems to indicate you have 1/2 inch at some point, so I might look at removing this threaded fitting and placing a simple 1/2 cap on the pipe. That makes it less damage to repair as well as easy to find the parts most any plumbing or big box store. Bit of "teflon" type tape to seal?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Outside Shower Won’t Turn Off

Thanks everyone for your replies! Initially I got 1/2 “ male plugs for the hot and water lines which at least stopped the water flow and allowed me to turn on water for the RV. Then I found a place in Foley AL that had the part I needed to replace the entire shower assembly. It was easy to replace.

I’ll pursue your ideas regarding installing cutoff valves.

Thanks again!!!
Tigrbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower