Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Outdoor Shower- no pressure, no leaks

My 2013 ERA works perfectly in all systems except the outdoor shower. I can leave the water pump on all night with no “blips” so I know the system has no leaks. All hot and cold water works throughout (sink, shower, toilet, toilet washout hose.)

The coil hose is unobstructed (I can easily blow air through), and the quick connect “seats” with a click. I have lubed it, and compared pictures, which confirm it is fully pushed in.

I can not get any water to pump through the outdoor shower. I have studied the schematics and looked for any missed valves which might be closed, and don’t see anything other than factory plumbing lines.

I have called Winnebago, and shower manufacturer. Neither have any suggestions. I don’t have any repair shops nearby except Camping World, which may be a proverbial cr@p-shoot.

I would sure appreciate any thoughts from those of you who are way more expert than I... thanks much!~
Egghead4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:36 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Couple of things:
- Does the shower head have a cut-off switch or rotating head shut-off valve?
- With the coil hose disconnected will water flow?
- Can you pull the faucet set off and check for debris?
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks much for your response -
-No cut-off or rotating head
-Water does NOT flow with coil hose disconnected. I tested for airflow when I winterized and there was none from either hot or cold side, using a compressor at 30psi.
-I unscrewed the metal quick connect but could not break it down any further without removing entire assembly from the side of the rig - cutting the seal and unscrewing entire assembly. I am afraid I will make it worse.
When I winterized I tried to get antifreeze in line using a syringe but was unsuccessful. I live in the south, so I just put insulation in the compartment door after draining the low point drains.

When I purchased it Jan 2017, Camping World winterized it, and demonstrated that it worked during our walk-thru. I feel inept not being able to get it going, so I can’t thank you enough for helping me think it through. Debris may be the issue... I just wish I could rule it in or out without having to cut the assembly off the rig to open it up. Again, many thanks!~
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Re-post this on the IRV2 site in either/both the WBGO / general maintenance tabs - let's see if that will generate more input ...
Old 01-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #5
Just Trying to Help

Egghead4life-

Winnebago supplies plumbing diagrams for its coaches (link here). Here is a link for the 2013 Era 70A diagram, and here is the link for a 2013 Era 70X diagram.

Which model of 2013 Era do you have?

Have you tested with the water pump on or off? The 2013 Era owner's manual (link here), page 7-7 says of the outside shower:

"Some models may have a water pump switch located in the service center for convenience."

Other Winnebago product information for your coach, such as that listed above, is available online at this link.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Mark- thanks much for the links. I have the 70A, and have downloaded the plumbing schematics so I can enlarge them on my iPad and take them right to the RV. I looked for the pump switch - there are two, one in the outdoor city water connection and one in the interior of the coach. There is no pump switch in the outdoor shower compartment itself. I have ensured the pump is “on” when testing. Tech at the manufacturer said to take an awl and try to tap open the ballcock in case it had gummed due to winterizing. I did so, and it moved easily, but I still have no water flow from that area only. I am very grateful for the additional links you have provided. Thank you ~
Old 01-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Just Trying to Help

Egghead4life-

The 70A diagrams show a pair of drain valves under the hot water heater. The outdoor shower piping is tee'd directly into those lines. The first thing I would do is find the drains and open each one. This will confirm that there is pressure in the piping.

It's not obvious from the drawings whether you can get access to the rear of the shower handles. I would think so; it had to be assembled somehow. Look inside interior compartments in that corner, and under the vehicle, for an access plate.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

10-4. I will check and advise. Thanks for your review and read... I had not seen the two drains on the schematic, only the heater bypass.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:01 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

FIXED! And Thanks for feedback

Thanks to all who provided feedback. I learned several things while also successfully solving the problem of having no water coming to my outdoor shower. Since my outdoor shower is a “convenience” not a necessity (all indoor faucets worked, and there were no leaks, which was proven by leaving the pump on and having no “blips” for extended periods of time.)

I had never thought of removing wood (top of bed, which got my brain thinking in a different direction and led me to find an access door in the rear storage which only needed 3 screws removed to expose the back of the shower assembly.) By loosening the lines, which were hand-tight and did not require tools, I was able to determine both lines were in tact, and not blocked.

I ordered a replacement shower assembly for $25.00, and once installed (4 minutes), my coil hose snapped right in and I had tons of water pressure.

Thanks to all who contributed! I would never have removed water fittings for fear of creating leaks or making the inside plumbing inoperable, without the guidance and recommendations of the forum. I also learned more about my rig, and kept the questions of whether my local shop is competent/responsive out of the equation.

Many thanks. It took over a year to exhaust all my options unsuccessfully and to resolve this nagging inconvenience in quick order. Again, I can’t thank you enough for feedback and mentorship. Happy Camping!~

Tags
door, leak, leaks, shower