Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

optional 300W Inverter location 35A

Hello to all, I own a 2005 Adventurer 35A, W24 chassis, and can not find the 300 watt inverter. It is listed on the options list for this coach. The converter/charger is under the fridge but the inverter is nowhere to be found. I would greatly appreciate help
Bob35A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

your year does not give us the really nice info for locating things but only lists the 300 watt inverter. so I came up with limited info on actual location but it may be enough as it appears to be very close to the front TV, making it sound like I would guess in the compartments, etc back of the TV????
I did a snip of the drawings that may help??
Page 2 of this drawing.

Click the drawing to get a better view and see if this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inverter.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	176943  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We had a 29' Sightseer with a 300watt inverter that powered the entertainment system and it was mounted in the cabinet above the passenger seat just above the windshield.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by al1florida View Post
We had a 29' Sightseer with a 300watt inverter that powered the entertainment system and it was mounted in the cabinet above the passenger seat just above the windshield.
Thank you for this info: I will look in those cabinets
Old 01-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Richard, I will investigate behind the TV and patch panel. It might have been removed, the cabinet to the right of the TV (up front) has a 4x6 opening, possibly where the on/off switch was. Thanks again
Old 01-22-2021, 04:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Sometimes just looking at drawings can bring up as many questions as answers and this is one of those.
Since an inverter uses 12VDC to make 110 AC, I'm not at all sure why or how they seem to show it has an Ac feed coming in but what the two black dots mean, I don't know but it does look like it shows it plugs into the same receptacle as the TV, so maybe they are close together is the best I can read into it!
Would seem nice if they at least mentioned some path for it to get the 12VDC?
Old 01-22-2021, 05:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again for helping me, I haven't looked thoroughly yet, but I will post my findings. What you said makes sense as the manual says for entertainment system power, plus Richard's diagram indicating proximity of the TV. Wish me luck
Old 01-22-2021, 05:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

No worries this is good stuff, where did you get that info? this is our first Winnebago and I think we did really well, the 05 Adventurer 35A has excellent specs. I'm learning fast thanks to great people like y'all. I will post my discovery. I'm new to the site and unfamiliar with finding my way around yet.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Finding the way to find the info is a real key on the Winnebago as they do a much better job than other Rv that we have had.
This is step one for many items:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams
How to ID your Rv and operators manuals are good to go for basic but often lacking in details, so then going to the parts catalog to get some of the "official" names or locations can help but it may be good to just go straight to plumbing or electrical if you kinda know what the parts look like.
Plumbing is not too hard to figure as most of us can guess if we want drain or input water!
But if you get into the electrical end, there will be a learning curve to figure what they call coach for the RV stuff and chassis for the things we usually find on any truck and then once you get into where you might expect that info, coach or chassis, you will often find the chassis info lacking and may have to chase info other places like Ford or Chevy sites as Winnebago does nothing to show where things like headlights or horn wiring is involved.
Basic electrical can be kind of broken into 110AC which is generator or plugged in, 12VDC coach which is the RV things like lights, fans, pump, etc. and some chassis things like outside lights and starting the engine, but all these systems do interact in lots of different places and methods, like getting the batteries together to charge or separated to not discharge the start when we use the coach battery down.
Neverending search for the right items!!
Makes for a good forum as there is never an end to the different question, problems and answers!! They keep changing the answers every model year and sometimes twice a year!
Old 01-23-2021, 04:59 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Check out page 2 of this, which shows in it the overhead cabinet to the right of the TV:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_148518.pdf
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Bob C, this confirms that my inverter is MIA. I have a rectangular opening where the face of the inverter used to be. Discovery is more fun when you find stuff, it's even better when you find stuff and it works. Thanks again
Old 01-23-2021, 05:26 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Wow this good stuff, thank you going the extra mile for me, information is crucial to the success owning a motorhome
Old 01-23-2021, 05:39 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Al or Sharron, thank you for your post, you were spot on with location unfortunately I have a handful of wires and no inverter.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:24 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Sounds disappointing but then it may also be looked at as an opportunity?
A 300 watt inverter is pretty small for many uses but it could also be pretty simple to just replace it.

There should be labels on the side of the wires so that you can look up what each wire does, using this chart:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf
With the wires ID'd and the drawing to show which wire goes where, maybe worth a look.

OR? The opportunity might be in replacing the missing one with a better item which might let you use it far better. This second option would take a bit more study on the correct wire sizing to avoid overheating, etc. but that's a whole different line of thought to consider?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wire id.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	176946  
Old 01-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Name:	IMG_20210123_114846318.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	176949THIS JUST IN: After further review, that bunch of wires are attached to a 300 watt inverter. The inverter shifted to the right and but up against the Apex switch box, every time I looked in I thought I was looking at the side of the apex, turns out it was the side of the inverter. Best part, it works! I will keep it as OEM and will be adding a 3000 watt inverter as a separate install, in my last coach it was a whole house power supply tided into the AC panel. it's only 25amps full bore but it's more than sufficient for it purpose. Thanks for all your support
Old 01-23-2021, 11:55 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob35A View Post
Thank you Bob C, this confirms that my inverter is MIA. I have a rectangular opening where the face of the inverter used to be. Discovery is more fun when you find stuff, it's even better when you find stuff and it works. Thanks again
As a famous person once said??
Sounds like you've tripped over into the really fun part!
Old 01-26-2021, 04:37 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob35A View Post
Attachment 176949THIS JUST IN: After further review, that bunch of wires are attached to a 300 watt inverter. The inverter shifted to the right and but up against the Apex switch box, every time I looked in I thought I was looking at the side of the apex, turns out it was the side of the inverter. Best part, it works! I will keep it as OEM and will be adding a 3000 watt inverter as a separate install, in my last coach it was a whole house power supply tided into the AC panel. it's only 25amps full bore but it's more than sufficient for it purpose. Thanks for all your support
A 3000 watt inverter is a huge (power wise) inverter, capable of pulling up to 250 amps from your batteries. It is best used if you have at least six 6V golf cart batteries (600AH of battery) or 4 or 5 Lithium batteries (400-500AH total).

Being able to pull 250 amps the inverter should be within 2-3 feet of the batteries.

If you only have 4 golf cart batteries you can save yourself some money and just go with a 2000watt inverter.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:56 AM   #18
US1
Winnebago Camper

Mine has the wiring located behind the TV. Doesn’t have the invertor itself, but is prewired.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:05 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

On my 2004 35U it is next to TV on Pass side Behind the BOMB box cover panel..
Markgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Inverte Location

I have a 06 Adventurer 33V and my inverter is located in the bin located next to the steps. It sets next to my awning control. The batteries are below the steps and the inverter is on the other side of the bin wall.
JDICKENSON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, inverter