Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Norcold water line

I think I may have a leaking water line to the ice maker. Has anyone accessed the water line connection at the rear of the ice maker.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

So do I. More ice in bottom of freezer than in the ice bin. Disconnected the line and unplugged power to the valve to stop problem. Very interested in the responses you'll receive.

Skip Y
2010 Journey 40TD
2015 Equinox
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
I think I may have a leaking water line to the ice maker. Has anyone accessed the water line connection at the rear of the ice maker.
I have a Dometic fridge in my 09 Tour and water was leaking behind the refrigerator when the ice solenoid was activated. My refrigerator is in the slide so I was able to access the rear top of the refrigerator by removing the upper vent and removing some sheet metal. The line had "unplugged" from the refrigerator. Pushed it back in and made sure it would not come out and all is well again!
For some reason the photo needs to be rotated CW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	162668  
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
GG1
Winnie-Wise

MutneyGuy,
I also have the upper vent I figured before I start on it I would inquire. How much sheet metal covers it up and is that the connection where you finger is? Or does the part that goes into the fridge have to come out and is itjust a push on connection? Thanks for the info
Old 05-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
MutneyGuy,
I also have the upper vent I figured before I start on it I would inquire. How much sheet metal covers it up and is that the connection where you finger is? Or does the part that goes into the fridge have to come out and is itjust a push on connection? Thanks for the info
Not much sheet metal just a few pieces screwed together....and yes the connection is where my finger is...the hose just pushes in and is held in by the small metal hose clamp. I would start there to see if your hose has "fallen" out.
Let us know what you find.
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

If you have a leak behind the fridge, make sure the water valve / solenoid on the Fridge is operating properly. If it wasn't properly winterized, it could have a small crack causing water to leak out. I have had to replace two water valves - one the Norcold and the second on my Samsung RF197 this year. Bother were my fault for not properly winterizing. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

If water is leaking into the freezer, becoming ice; inspect your ice maker tray. It should be a even colored gray/tan. If it appears splotchy and rough, the non-stick coating has leaked water underneath the coating and corroded the aluminum tray. This allows water to migrate over the edge of the tray and leak into the freezer.
If that is the problem, a new replacement ice maker is available for $39.
I just put one in my Norcold 1200LRIM last month, it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
If you have a leak behind the fridge, make sure the water valve / solenoid on the Fridge is operating properly. If it wasn't properly winterized, it could have a small crack causing water to leak out. I have had to replace two water valves - one the Norcold and the second on my Samsung RF197 this year. Bother were my fault for not properly winterizing. Good luck,
I've never pumped antifreeze through the ice maker line, never had a problem with it, I simply unscrew the incoming water line, remove the valve bowl and drain both areas, reassemble and move to something else.
To siphon water from the supply line, when the connection to water valve is removed, and other end(remove inline filter) is also opened; I use compressed air blown across the frig end to create a suction and pull out the water.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold, water