Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cool Norcold Ice Maker doesn't work

Ok, so we finally have warm enough weather to de-winterize coach and run water systems for the first time-this coach is new to us but in brand new condition and some some of the equipment was never used at all. After running the fridge on ac power for 24+ hours we had no ice, not even water in the tray. Got on the internet, pulled the unit off the back wall of fridge (4 screws),snapped end cover off and did the volt/ohm test which tells if you have voltage to the unit and if your water solenoid coil is good. If that's good(it was) then make a 14 awg insulated jumper and connect the T and H test terminals for 15 seconds-no more- you should hear a click and the unit will pre-heat and start the eject cycle. Mine did nothing so it's bad(never used!). I read that they have them at Lowes as a add-on kit for home refrigerators for $50. Our home Whirlpool refrigerator has one that we never even connected 'cause of our hard water from our well and it matched the motorhome one. I removed it, changed the arm, connected it in the coach, put the T and H jumper wire in and it clicked and ran through the whole cycle. So jazzed it works now-whole process took less than two hours(that included removing house unit and scratching my head for a bit). Find test info-Norcold Ice Maker Service Bulletin
chickenman05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold