Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Noise in cold water line.

2012 Winnebago 37F Adventurer. After flushing antifreeze out of the system this spring. I notice a loud humming sound just when running cold water or flushing the toilet. I replaced the city and fresh water fill valves thinking that's the problem, but still noisy when running cold water.We are at the moment using the rv and everything seems to be working great except for the loud humming noise. Thanks Steve.
steve4539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Its unclear from your description if the noise is present when using the water without being hooked to city water, or if it's only occurring while hooked to city water.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I seem to have the same problem, when hooked to city water, im thinking it may be a back flow valve, not sure
coolhand108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

sorry I have a 2004 dsdp
coolhand108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

94- Newmar & Coolhand 108. Thanks for replying.The noise is when we are hooked up to city water all OK when running water pump. I did try different water connections at different camp grounds on our travel home, no change. Sounds like air in the line, not sure if vacuum breaker could be causing this .Have the diagrams from Winnebago, and I'm trying to figure out whats what. Steve.
steve4539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Do you have a good pressure regulator on the water source? We get a similar noise if the water pressure is too high. I had to replace a couple of the inline set pressure regulators over time because they didn't lower the pressure to 50 - 60 psi. We now use a Watts regulator with a gauge. I do have to reset the pressure from time to time depending on the water source. We've stopped a couple places where the pressure at the spigot has been over 125 psi.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

we HAD that problem any time we turned on water. fixed it by adding about 18" of extra water pipe (hose) to the out going side of the pump. don't just add it to the line, replace from pump to first fitting, make it long enough to form a loop, that takes out the vibration from a stiff or more solid hose.
kekker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water