Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2006, 05:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We recently bought a brand new 2004 Sunrise. I did not notice until we went to use the hand held brass coor shower that there is not the ccustomary push button water shut off! I have tried adjusting the shower head and it adjusts the spray but will not shut it off. The problem is that you adjust the water temp and then have to shut it off with the handle and then re adjust.

Others must have found a solution to this problem. What did you do to fix it?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We recently bought a brand new 2004 Sunrise. I did not notice until we went to use the hand held brass coor shower that there is not the ccustomary push button water shut off! I have tried adjusting the shower head and it adjusts the spray but will not shut it off. The problem is that you adjust the water temp and then have to shut it off with the handle and then re adjust.

Others must have found a solution to this problem. What did you do to fix it?
Old 02-17-2006, 05:14 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Our unit doesn't have the customary pushbutton shutoff, but the shutoff is built in to the shower head.

The brass showerhead has a ring that rotates to adjust the spray. Turning the ring fully in one direction turns off the water completly.

Now if only I could remember which way to turn it....righty tighty lefty loosey or something like that
Old 02-17-2006, 05:34 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

DSOUTH..: Goe to LOWES or Home Depot, for $3 put in a shut off that attaches to the top of the shower hose. We set the temp and turn on and off at the top. Good luck
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:46 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I cant remember if mine turned off like JOE K's or not. I had replaced it with a low flow head like seen HERE. But I noticed on their site today that they dont have the shut off valve that goes with the shower head anymore. It was a toggle shut off valve that connected to the hose and the head then attached to it.
I have heard good things about THESE
and was thinking about getting one.
I would first check I guess to see if yours shuts off like JOE K's. I do like the low flow type though especially with the on board fresh tank.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Joe, just had to go out to the coach and check my shower head. Checked it where it connects to the top, checked it where it connects to the handle and then checked the shower head itself on the outer edge it has a ring that rotates. DUH!!! When all else fails follow the directions.
Now all I have to do is wait till I dewinterize, fill it with water and see if mine works the same as yours.
I have had the coach two years and am still learning new things,,thanks Joe..
Safe Miles and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSouthw524:
We recently bought a brand new 2004 Sunrise. I did not notice until we went to use the hand held brass coor shower that there is not the ccustomary push button water shut off! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES THERE IS! Its on the top of the hose where its connected to the wall above your head..its a metal pushbutton slide....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We noticed and asked the salesman before we purchased our 2004 Meridian if there was a shutoff on the shower head and was told NO. So we just purchased one of the shower heads with the shutoff button from the RV store, replaced the original brass head and just put it in storage to put back on when we sell it. Dry camping with a continually running shower is no fun. Just another of Winnebago engineer's snafus.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:00 PM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

My new Vectra has the silver push button cutoff where the hose screws into the head nearest the wall,not on the end of the hose....
My 2004 Journey had the "hose end" type cutoff.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
You can go to any True Value hardware store and buy a "shower shutoff valve". Unscrew the hose where it connects to the pipe coming out of the wall of the shower stall and install the valve using some teflon tape. Be careful when you tighten the hose connection that you do not crack it. It will work fine.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 02-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

ichn2go,

My class C had one of those type shutoff valves and I found it hard to operate due to poor feeling in my hands. I took a plastic stickpin and cut the pin off. I then superglued the plastic part onto the top of the showerhead near the edge to use as a handle to make it easier to turn the knob.

Happy showering!!!!!!

Doug, SKP#91462

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ichn2go:
I have had the coach two years and am still learning new things,,thanks Joe..
Safe Miles and </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's a good one Jim....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #13
RJK
Winnebago Camper

DSouthw524, We had the same problem with our 2004 Suncruiser it had no way to shut the water off. There is a shut off you can add at the end of the hose before the shower head. (gold color)it has a push button it will shut off 98/99 % of the water flow.I was not able to get one at the factory when we were there I found ours at a dealer in the Denver area when we were goning through there.Winne dealer Nolan's RV 303-429-6114
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:08 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the replys. I tried the head adjust and etc. prior asking fr solutions. I will go to the hardware store, as suggested. dumb old me had tried Camping world - no luck.

Hard to believe that all previous Winnie products we have owned had the shut off standard and apparently the newer products have been "improved".
Old 02-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Purchased the shut off value at Home Depot yesterday for $4.97. It is chrome and on an end cap with the shower head display.
dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:00 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

My 05 meridian has a shutoff right up at the top of the flex cable where it goes into the shower wall.

Doug

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote