Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
HHR
Winnebago Watcher

Navion 24V water flow

When connected to city water, all faucets, shower, etc. flow normally, and I can step on the toilet flush to fill the bowl normally. However, when I press the flush fully, I hear a vibrating, sort of a growing noise under the coach, maybe under the shower, for about a second, then my water flow in the toilet and other fixtures goes to a trickle (both hot and cold). With no fixture flowing, I can wait 20 seconds or so (I suppose until the trickle restores line pressure), and normal flow is reestablished.

Everything works normally when using the fresh water tank and pump.

I've studied the plumbing diagram, and assume it's a faulty check valve or something, but really don't know where to start.

Any ideas?
HHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would first want to check that the selector valve for choosing to fillo tank or normal is fully set to normal but then also while doing that, check the bypass valves for being fully to the correct poisiton.

Water pump is being turned off when connected to pressure water?

From this parts catalog, I see at least three bypass valves near the water pump but if this is a new to you RV, a check of the manual may be helpful to find and check them.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #3
HHR
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, I check those valves tomorrow.

We got the unit last month, and on our first excursion, had to use the fresh water tank and pump, which seems fine. We were connected to a hose at the house, for cleaning etc. but didn't use the toilet. I just got back today from a few days of camping, but admit I was too tired to work on it today.
HHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

This is an easy valve to miss getting put back to the right position as we often turn it one way to fill the tank before a trip and then fail to turn it back the other way before we take off. In different RV, it can have different results like some overflow the tank when hooked at the campground whilte others get to a siite without pressure water and the water pump doesn't work like it should.

So if it's a new Rv to you, just know that it's can be pretty much a part of the learning curve.

But that's getting way ahead and saying that's what's wrong! We've kind of gotten into the habit of looking for the last thing we worked on if something acts funny!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water