Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Low water pressure - kitchen faucet

Is there a true fix for the low water pressure found in the kitchen sink of Winnebago coaches? Bathroom sink and shower are fine. Kitchen sink, pathetic. I've had the faucet replaced - no improvement. Even the filtered cold water is adequate.

I must have missed the discussion of the fix and would appreciate someone directing me to the solution. Thanks.

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We have same issue, especially with hot water. Just figured it was just inherent in the design of the plumbing.

Anxious to hear the fix, if any.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Our kitchen sink faucet has good pressure. One time it failed to work and I took it apart and cleaned the internal screen. That fixed it.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

When the hot flow was seriously reduced, I download manuals from Moen and found two problems with ours. First I found crud in the screens. Cleaning them helped, but didn't fix it. I tore it down and found the hot side tubing plugged at a tight turn in the base of the fauce. I eventually found the source of the tiny blue rubber particles was on the hot input line. whatever it was there for, like a diaphram or similar, the rubber apparently deteriorated with heat and shed tiny particles. I called Moen (the faucet mfg, lifetime warranty) and they shipped me a new faucet, which I installed myself. It has worked great ever since.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Since I got rid of the "in-line" rv regulator that can be purchased at any RV parts store, and replaced it with a "Watts" water regulator from a hardware store, I have not had the problem. It may not be the solution for others.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I tend to think you have either a kink in both the hot and cold lines or a restriction. Since the filtered cold water is ok, look from where it tees off to the faucet and make sure the line isn't bent enough to restrict the flow. How is the pressure?
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Problem Solved

I checked with the mfg. of my faucet - it had been replaced a few years ago - and learned that the faucet had a check valve which could get plugged up but could not be repaired or replaced. They sent me a new faucet and the pressure now is excellent. Not a Winnebago problem. Thanks everyone for the interest and tips.

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Since I got rid of the "in-line" rv regulator that can be purchased at any RV parts store, and replaced it with a "Watts" water regulator from a hardware store, I have not had the problem. It may not be the solution for others.
Wayne -- where is this "in-line" regulator located? I wasn't aware of this additional regulator and see no need with our adjustable, external water regulator. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem with very low water pressure from the kitchen faucet. Tried all kind of things, even built up a Watts adjustable regulator, but nothing helped. Finally called Moen and they sent me a new valve and spray wand which cured the problem. The Moen faucets have a lifetime guarantee and the parts were free.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAD View Post
I had the same problem with very low water pressure from the kitchen faucet. Tried all kind of things, even built up a Watts adjustable regulator, but nothing helped. Finally called Moen and they sent me a new valve and spray wand which cured the problem. The Moen faucets have a lifetime guarantee and the parts were free.
Same here. After I got the new wand I found out how to take the head of old one apart - the black part the water sprays out of unscrews.
There is a screen in the head in addition to the one in the base. I cleaned it, put the new wand away and put the old one back in play.

If you still have the old wand you might want to check the filter in the head.