Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Low Water Pressure

We have been trying to figure out why we have low water pressure coming from the kitchen fauset.The hot and cold water seem to have the same low pressure. It seems we have a stronger flow in the bathroom , and shower fausets. I have checked and cleaned the fauset screens. I do have a the water filtered before entering the coach system. I have lots of pressure before entering the external hose connection, after going thru the filter . It looks like all the water lines are the same size, witch makes me wonder why they all wouldn't be the same volume??
I am hoping you might know what I am missing!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Trying disassembling the entire faucet. There maybe some debris in the control. Has happened in the past and will happen in the future.
Ret Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Replace all in-line filters especially the one under the sink, and do what Ret says.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Ditto on debris in the faucet. After I got it out of a couple of screens, I found some blue rubberparticles plugging one side. It was part of the faucet and had disintegrated into tiny particles. Moen ended up reolacing the faucet.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I plan to take the fauset appart this weekend. The filters are new. I do wonder why I get more pressure when I turn the pump on. Would think it wouldn't make any difference. Thanks for the advice! Still trying to find model number incase parts are needed.

Equinox Toad
Old 01-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

My Moen has a pull out sprayer (wand) and there are two strainers/filters. One at the base of the hose and one behind the part with the holes in it where the water comes out. That part unscrews so the filter can be cleaned. Oddly enough neither a Moen rep at a rally and the Moen customer service rep I spoke with mentioned that filter. As a result they sent me a new wand.
After the new one came I didn't mind destroying the old one and discovered the filter (and didn't harm the wand). So now I have a spare wand.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #7

We had the same problem. It was that little plunger that made it go from the faucit to the sprayer. That little washer had a mind of it's own,,replaced it now all is.. Good
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

One of the hotwater tank backflow checkvalves came apart, and partially blocked flow, but that only affected the hot water side of the faucets, as I recall. Been a few years thought, so not sure.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

When you took the faucet filter apart, did it have a flow restrictor? It is a washer with a very small hole in the center.(about 1/8 inch) You can remove this and it will improve the flow.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thank you all , I have disasambled and cleaned the screens. They were not that bad. I also took it apart to the brass housing. I wasn't sure if that came apart so cleaned it up and put it back together. If I have the external water source on and turn on the pump it seems I more than double the out put. I have a pressure regulator attached at the site fauset. Would the check valve at the water intake reduce pressure? I pushed it in and it worked fine as far as backflow protection goes. Has anyone removed it? Thanks again!

Equinox Toad
Old 01-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
Thank you all , I have disasambled and cleaned the screens. They were not that bad. I also took it apart to the brass housing. I wasn't sure if that came apart so cleaned it up and put it back together. If I have the external water source on and turn on the pump it seems I more than double the out put. I have a pressure regulator attached at the site fauset. Would the check valve at the water intake reduce pressure? I pushed it in and it worked fine as far as backflow protection goes. Has anyone removed it? Thanks again!
the pressure regulator at the site faucet is set at 40 to 50 psi. You can now buy high pressure regulators that are set at 50 to 60 psi. Ten pounds does make a difference.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Oh... you do have an external in-line pressure regulator. This could be your issue. When you run the 12v pump pressure is fine (you are all ready pass the outside regulator), filters good and all faucets cleaned, all is good. When you use the outside hose with a regulator pressure in-line you have questionable pressure. Change out the outside pressure regulator. Leave if off. Get a new one with higher pressure limits.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water