Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Low point drains on Micro Minnie 2108ds

I am getting ready to winterize my trailer and am wondering where the low point drains are. I looked under the trailer and all I see is the drain valve for the freshwater tank. Any help locating the drains would be appreciated.

Also, how do you get the residual water out of the water pump? I am thinking about pumping the antifreeze through the city water and am concerned that there my be some water left in the water pump and the lines leading to it from the freshwater tank.

Any other advise concerning winterizing the trail would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
Bughawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:25 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughawk View Post
I am getting ready to winterize my trailer and am wondering where the low point drains are. I looked under the trailer and all I see is the drain valve for the freshwater tank. Any help locating the drains would be appreciated.

Also, how do you get the residual water out of the water pump? I am thinking about pumping the antifreeze through the city water and am concerned that there my be some water left in the water pump and the lines leading to it from the freshwater tank.

Any other advise concerning winterizing the trail would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
At first I could not find my two low-point drains. Then I merely 'followed the money'...in that I lay on my back, and looking up at the undercarriage, I shimmied myself around the entire perimeter of my frame..and finally, I saw the two tubes, one red, the other blue...coming out of the floor. I then noted where exactly that was...stood up...saw that they were coming out of the floor area of my corner bath room, and figured out that the sink and cabinet it sits in...was directly over that spot where the two tubes exit the under-belly. Went into the bathroom...and five minutes later...I had those two suckers open...and draining, after I removed a panel inside the sink cabinet.

Look around every foot of your frame and underbelly, and you will also find the two tubes...one red, the other blue...and you will be able to track down the T-pull handle location.
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I know this is an old post but when turning the plug to drain, is it in line with the incoming hose or is it turned cross wise?
PC Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Parallel is always open
Old 02-12-2021, 11:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the quick response. I feel I little goofy because after doing the question went back and fooled with the valve and on this trailer you pull up to open. I sat there turning and turning but finally pulled it up! Draining like a champ.
Thanks again from the chump!��
Old 02-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

If you haven’t found it yet, the freshwater tank drain is curbside underbelly, just forward of axles. Hot water bypass valves under bathroom closet. When I got my 2108ds, I fumbled around too. Stupid little screws in the luan panels under the sink and closet drive me nuts.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Got it all Jim. Drained it, emptied the hot water heater, etc. Getting ready here in Houston for our once a decade deep freeze.
Thanks
PC