Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Had a problem with low hot water pressure at all faucets. Made no difference weatheron pump or city conn. Cold water was fine at all faucets. Called Winnebago. Tech said right away. It is a check valve on HWH. Had a repair service on site check it out. Sure enough check valve. Repair shop had to order one. But have good water presure now while waiting for part.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Had a problem with low hot water pressure at all faucets. Made no difference weatheron pump or city conn. Cold water was fine at all faucets. Called Winnebago. Tech said right away. It is a check valve on HWH. Had a repair service on site check it out. Sure enough check valve. Repair shop had to order one. But have good water presure now while waiting for part.
2010 Ford Flex
Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Tom: Good information. Was the check valve just bad or restricted in any manner? What does this check valve look like/located? I also have low hot water pressure and will look into the valve. Thanks
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Check valve is on rear of Hot water tank. Mine was stuck than fell apart (insides) when we took it off. It is a brass valve.
2010 Ford Flex
Old 09-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

There should be two check valves, one on inlet and one on outlet. Cost should be under $10.00 but hard to get to and change due to close quarters.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I guess they cheaped out on my coach as I havn't ever seen any brass on my piping at all, and I have been behind my hot water heater as the cheap plastic fitting cracked and leaked and had to be replaced. Even winnebago could not get the correct part for me to replace. Home Depot to the rescue. And yes it is tight quarters.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Well got valve replaced. Had to also change some fittings that cracked. Repair man said check valve was mainly for winterizing. Which I have not had to do in about 8 yers. Cost me $94.00. But when you do not have the parts and not sure where to chase around for them town. Worth the cost.
2010 Ford Flex
Old 09-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I had this problem just recently. Actually, I had no hot water. Stopped at CW in Bowling Green and they replaced the 2 brass check valves with plastic ones. Oddly, CW did not stock the brass ones.
Everything works now but I have noticably less pressure on the hot water than the cold. On top of that it sounds like someone is playing the Kazoo when we run the hot water faucets.
Today I purchsed 2 of the brass fittings and will keep in case the plastic ones fail.
What I really wanted to do was put in on/off valves but CW did not have any that would fit when I was in for service.
It is pretty tight quarters. I think it cost me around $75 to get the 2 plastic ones installed. Not bad considering the close quarters.
SeaRay