Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-17-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
2015 Minnie Winnie 2101DS

Leaking At Shower Valve Controls

Have excessive leaking (spraying) at hot and cold controls in shower. This is a new issue, and I have noticed water dripping slowly at a couple of points from the undercarriage, which I am sure are a result of this.

2015 Minnie Winnie 2101DS TT.

Any ideas appreciated. Tks
Jomava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #2

Problem Solved

Purchased a new shower control/diverter valve and a new shower hose (with new washers, etc.). Total cost: Approx. $35.00.

Installed new shower control/diverter valve in an inverted position AND removed manufacturer installed flow restrictor on shower head end of hose. Now, leak issue resolved and water pressure/flow is perfect for the first time ever (with no need to purchase an expensive $50 oxygenated shower head in order to achieve good water flow and pressure).

Note: inverted installation prevents potential wall intrusion problems if a leak occurs at the point where the shower hose is connected to the shower control/diverter valve.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomava View Post
Purchased a new shower control/diverter valve and a new shower hose (with new washers, etc.). Total cost: Approx. $35.00.

Installed new shower control/diverter valve in an inverted position AND removed manufacturer installed flow restrictor on shower head end of hose. Now, leak issue resolved and water pressure/flow is perfect for the first time ever (with no need to purchase an expensive $50 oxygenated shower head in order to achieve good water flow and pressure).

Note: inverted installation prevents potential wall intrusion problems if a leak occurs at the point where the shower hose is connected to the shower control/diverter valve.

What did you buy? Got a link?

and why did you move the flow restrictor on the mtg OEM hose?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:48 AM   #4

The product I purchased is a:
“Laguna Brass 3220AWT RV/Motorhome Two Handle Non-Metallic Shower Diverter, White Finish Valve“.

I inverted it when mounting so that, if in the future it leaks again at the connection point, the spray will be diverted downward, and less likely to seep behind the mounting panel.

Also, I forgot to mention, I turned off the water supply, turned off the water heater, and drained the low point drain valves before the repair.

Thank you for your post.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:35 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I purchased this one late last night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4EPM2APX&psc=1

The one you bought looks like our exiting one but the while the hose is white the 2 lever handle part is chrome.

I faulted the leaking to be due the cartridges, and the zap of cold water restarting after stopping to lather that I hated to be due to the inherent design of the faucet.

So I went the single level route which is what we use at home. It is easier to adjust the hot cold pressure one way or the other, but it is designed to maintain the balance of how the lever is adjusted.

My wife wanted Satin nickel. We will have to shower heads, the OEM white one and the new Satin Nickel.

FWIW: When I had it apart and in shower, I turned the water on just to see first hand where the leaks were coming from. My diverter was factory install downward which I like. We had no leaks behind the wall so my primary hope in addition to leak on inside of shower is to no longer get Zapped with cold water
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, shower