Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leak under shower

We have a 2021 Micro Minnie 2306BHS, about 2 months old. We are at a campground now and it’s the first we have used the shower. After my daughter showered tonight we noticed water running out from under the shower pan. We removed the access panel and found a leak at the pipe elbow. We tried to tighten it but it’s a 2 way thread so if you tighten too far one way it loosens the other way. Any idea how to tighten that?

There is a whole cut in the floor directly under the pipe. It has a layer of insulation and then plastic. Maybe the top of a water tank??? The hole was filled with water and the insulation was soaked. My husband is worried the wet insulation will cause further problems. Any idea where that hole goes to and where the water would have ran to? Also, why would they cut a hole directly under that pipe so if it were to leak it would go right on the insulation??? That doesn’t seem right.

We are under warranty and will address with the dealership but for now we have 5 more days at the campground. Also, just want to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61FCEFB9-D77E-4119-83BD-F3845D549614.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	180490   Click image for larger version

Name:	3AFA8136-3BDA-43F9-B0B1-A86BFB0A54B5.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	180491  

parkswv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like there may now be possible two problems as the fitting the goes through to the shower should have been held when tightening the lower fitting. Now that it has turned in the shower, there is a good chance the seal between the shower floor and fitting are suspect. Possibly not, but I would want to verify before trusting it too far or putting the cover back.

I would want to use some form of tool like the end of slip-joint pliers, stuck down in the drain fitting to hold it while first tightening the upper nut to seal that joint between shower floor and fitting, then after that is sealed, hold the fitting and tighten the lower, second nut to get the joint between the fitting and pipe sealed.

The problem is that when turning the lower nut and the fitting turning may have broken what ever type seal it had.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shower.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	180499  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
Proud “No Intent” Owner

We had the same thing happen. ALL of the connections were less than hand tight.
Morich is spot on, you have to hold one while tightening the other. As I recall I put some needle nose players down the drain, in the cross bars, that help the upper piece as I thigh tend the lower one.
However, our drain in the shower was missing a gasket, so no matter how much I tightened everything it still would dip. So I fashioned a gasket out of FlexSeal tape, put it all back together, ran a fan down there all day before buttoning it all up.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There are tools made for holding the drain but that takes all the fun out of it!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Drai...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, shower