Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-16-2016, 10:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Leak "Drip" "Drip" Kitchen Faucet

I am getting a leak only when the Kitchen Faucet is on, don't matter if it's hot or cold water running.... Bathroom sink or the shower DO NOT SHOW the leak. Only when the Kitchen Sink in run...

It is dripping right under the slide (down a black pipe) it is next to the Tank Valve Compartment, in fact a little drip gets into the Tank Valve Compartment. I have looked under the sink and took out the paneling so I could see anything. I found nothing, I have searched and searched right at floor level with no success.

I have not torn off the flooring under the Bathroom Sink yet.... If need be I may have to take the Tank Valve Compartment upper area off. The area where the Black Tank wash hookup is.... Has anyone taken that off?

Thanks for your help.... LeeB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5008.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	124326  
Old 04-16-2016, 11:15 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

First question, does the drip appear, if you catch the water in a bucket? Or if you pour water down the drain from a bucket? I would assume the supply lines are under pressure and would leak if you used them or not.

So I am suspecting that there is a small hole in the drain line from the kitchen sink, located somewhere that it can drip on a pipe leading to the water compartment.

It is going to be a tough find, you will have to follow that drain pipe from the sink, all the way to the water compartment to find it. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey39n View Post
First question, does the drip appear, if you catch the water in a bucket? Or if you pour water down the drain from a bucket? I would assume the supply lines are under pressure and would leak if you used them or not.

So I am suspecting that there is a small hole in the drain line from the kitchen sink, located somewhere that it can drip on a pipe leading to the water compartment.

It is going to be a tough find, you will have to follow that drain pipe from the sink, all the way to the water compartment to find it. Good luck.
I did notice that my water pump never shuts off (I forgot to mention this) so I am assuming that the leak is on the supply side because the line is not able to build up pressure..... We have full hookups right now..

I will check your drain theory though....
Old 04-17-2016, 08:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Have you looked at Winnebago Industries web site for a layout of your plumbing?

This pdf from Winnebago should be useful to determine how your waste pipes connect >>> http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...p34h_plumb.pdf
JoeSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

LeeB, it is more than likely one of the connections on the flex tubing from the sink to the holding tank. Than tubing flexes when the slide is moved.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...p34h_plumb.pdf
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSR View Post
Have you looked at Winnebago Industries web site for a layout of your plumbing?

This pdf from Winnebago should be useful to determine how your waste pipes connect >>> http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...p34h_plumb.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
LeeB, it is more than likely one of the connections on the flex tubing from the sink to the holding tank. Than tubing flexes when the slide is moved.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...p34h_plumb.pdf
Thanks it looks like it could be on Page 6 at T-22.. I will have to take the floor off under the bathroom sink and see.... The only thing I do not see (yet) is where the hot water comes in to the Galley Faucet.......

Thanks again.......
Old 04-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well it is not leaking at T-22.... I am leaning towards it is the drain (which I can not see right now because of where it is stored)

Iam thinking I have 2 problems 1 the leak (only from the sink). So I am going to make a new post for that and #2 my water pump diaphragm may be going out. I'll make a post for that also.......

Thanks LeeB

Tags
leak