Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Intake water valve problem

I have a 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T. The valve that diverts incoming water to either city water, or tank fill, is not working. When I have it switched to city water , a small amount of water goes into the fresh water tank. During a 24 hour period it will fill the tank and exit the overflow. I went to a Winnebago dealer in Tucson and she found it in her 3-D diagram and brought me a totally different part. I have contacted Winnebago and am waiting for a reply. In the meantime I am open to any suggestions.
gkwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

:welcome:

Typically a 3 way valve is used to take the input from the hose (city water) and divert it to the water tank or the RV's plumbing system. They can be found made of plastic, bronze and in a variety of sizes.

Here's a link to the Winnebago Parts Catalog for all years. You can look up your VIN and find the part.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkwinter View Post
I have a 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T. The valve that diverts incoming water to either city water, or tank fill, is not working. When I have it switched to city water , a small amount of water goes into the fresh water tank. During a 24 hour period it will fill the tank and exit the overflow. I went to a Winnebago dealer in Tucson and she found it in her 3-D diagram and brought me a totally different part. I have contacted Winnebago and am waiting for a reply. In the meantime I am open to any suggestions.
:welcome:Glad you found us!
This is the plumbing diagram for your rig (I think because of SN): http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...e30t_plumb.pdf

Look on sheet 3, view CB. Counting fittings right to left, I think your valve is the 3rd one. It looks like a elbow valve and that makes things a bit tough. You may have enough room to use a standard ball valve and a few fittings to make it work. The original valve has small plastic fingers that break frequently. We ALL switch this valve from city to tank fill without shutting off the feed valve. The incoming pressure is too great for the valve to be moved and it breaks. Thanks Winnebago! I have not seen a elbow valve but then I have never needed one. Check in the PEX fittings at HD, Lowe's or a pluming supply store. Avoid the OME valve if you can.

Please update us on your progress.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 02-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

water inlet problems

Thanks. I have that diagram and it is not exactly like mine. I have talked to teck support at the company and we may have the problem figured out. The check internal check valve in the water pump may be the culprit, because i am having water pump cycling problems also. I am going to have that checked out and will let you know.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Thanks. I have that diagram and it is not exactly like mine. I have talked to teck support at the company and we may have the problem figured out. The check internal check valve in the water pump may be the culprit, because i am having water pump cycling problems also. I am going to have that checked out and will let you know.
The pump check valve could cause the very issue you're having. If the pump comes on to raise pressure in the system without using any water, that would indicate the check valve rather than the selection valve. A check valve could be installed in the inlet line of the pump if you don't want to replace the pump.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Gkwinter, I just had that issue. It was the pump check valve. I chose to replace the pump. Also, WB had installed the filter canister on the out put side of the pump ( that's where the line is pressurized when on city water). I don't know if that contributed to the check valve issue or not but the filter screen was totally clogged after 17 months of ownership (no dry camping, only fresh tank filling). I put the filter on the fresh tank input side. I did not know I was having a pump issue (low flow) until the change. Now the pump flow is as strong as city water.
Primetc
Primetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

water intake

Thanks to all who responded. both problems were solved by putting an anti-siphoning valve between the pump and fresh water tank.

Gary
Old 02-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks to all who responded. both problems were solved by putting an anti-siphoning valve between the pump and fresh water tank.

Gary
Good fix. Any pictures or part #'s?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

water inlet problems

By the way jerichorick that was the exact diagram that I had. These old eyes, and brain sometimes dont work together well.

Thanks

Gary
Old 02-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
By the way jerichorick that was the exact diagram that I had. These old eyes, and brain sometimes dont work together well.

Thanks

Gary
Your welcome Gary. I tell little kids, I'm so old I remember when God was planting rock seeds. For the older folks that means I'm NOT as old as dirt. lol

Now, if Winnebago would only restore the wiring schematics for the rigs made after 2009, I would be able to help with some electrical issues also.

Rick Y
Old 02-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

water inlet problems

I have no pics or part # of the antisiphon valve. It was done by a rv md company. It was a brass fitting that screwed directly into the tank outlet.

Gary

Tags
water