Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Installing a black tank sprayer

Our HR motor home had a built in tank sprayer which our 2008 Sightseer does not. Is it possible to have one installed in the Sightseer? I don't see any easy access to the tank from the sewer compartment.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
sightseers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm looking at ours tomorrow... can't see any place that is easy to access to drill the hole and install the sprayer. Hopefully somebody has done it. I'll be watching this thread.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I installed sprayers in both tanks of my last rig and would like to do the same to my Sightseer 29R also. HOWEVER, as you observed, the tanks are just not very accessible.
Your query got me curious though and so I went and dug around a bit. Looks like one possibility would be through the access cover under the head sink. That cover is over the wheel well where the black tank happens to be lurking. I'll investigate further and get back on this thread a bit later. Hopefully in the next couple of days.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I installed a Tornado sprayer on our 35J, its not mounted ideally but does a decent job helping to clean the tank out when I can. Here are some pics of the install.
http://showland.org/rv_mods/tornado/tornado.html
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info Steve. Looks like the only place to put it in our coach and I was just about ready to start taking off the covers. Looks pretty straight forward, any surprises I should watch out for? Eric
Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Another option to consider is using a Flush-King. My current rig has the factory-installed tank sprayer but I used the Flush-King on my old Adventurer and it really did a great job cleaning the tank.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Like I mentioned earlier I thought one possibility might be through the access cover under the sink in the head. That idea fell on it's lips as there's nothing but more floor under the cover. It only exposes a J box, some wiring, plumbing, and one of the duct hoses from the engine heater that's under toilet.

Now I see the only way that looks viable would be to remove some of the underbelly.

Don
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

installing a black tank sprayer

I thought of doing the flush king, but noted that there is not a straight pipe to the tank, there are a number of bends so I'm not sure how effective it would be.
sightseers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightseers View Post
I thought of doing the flush king, but noted that there is not a straight pipe to the tank, there are a number of bends so I'm not sure how effective it would be.
I agree. I think the flush king wouldn't do much more than I can do by filling the tank from the toilet. Although, where we are camped right now the water is so soft that it seems nothing could stick to the tank. I emptied the tank yesterday and filled it once and the water came out crystal clear. I was amazed at how soft water can let stuff slip right through.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

All I can say is that the Flush King worked very well. I would leave the device attached to the tank outlet so I only had to attach a water hose via the quick disconnect. I was usually able to get clear water after a single back flush, occassionally it took two. You can back fill the tank more quickly with the FK than trying to fill thru the toilet.

Bottom line, if I had a choice of drilling holes in my black tank or using the FK, I would use the Flush King.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I have a flush king too, stopped using it though. Felt the blank tank sprayer, even at an add position worked better for me. I've used the Flush King on 3 RVs now, all three either had a blank tank sprayer or I added them. On each of them I had a chance to test the FK before the sprayer, I would use the FK to fill twice and flush and even after that the sprayer still managed to get more stuff out, based on how dark the water was coming out. Not knocking the FK, as I can do a back flush much faster using it then filling the tank with the sprayers. I just haven't felt it did as good of a job cleaning based on my outlet and tank configurations.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I'll add a thumbs up to the Flush King- like others, I don't want to drill holes- and even if it takes 2 or more tries- I'd still keep using it. Also, I was discouraged when I saw the Camping World reviews for the "Tornado".

Happy Camping-
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE]Also, I was discouraged when I saw the Camping World reviews for the "Tornado"./QUOTE]

Had the same impression.

Jack
Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Two bags of ice down the toilet before heading out. The ice sloshes around breaking up the solids then melts. Neat and no fuss.
RetiredLE is offline   Reply With Quote