Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I'm new here, need holding tank

Just got me a 1973 Winni Bego Bravo 21 foot 318 engine. I traded autobody work for it and I cant wait to get started on it so much work to do I think I will start with the septic tank I noticed it has already been repaired with fiber glass and cracked several times since. I live in southern utah about 168 miles from las vegas and was wondering if anyone can help me with a good and hopefull near by place I can find a new or even used septic tank that will fit my 73 Brave
RVhopeful73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Source for 73 Winnebago Brave waste holding tanks?

Found this with a Google search. Might help.

You have a good idea fixing the toilet first!
Old 01-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Can't help with the holding tank issue, but wanted to say, welcome! Someone should be along able to help.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

RVhopefull73;

First of all I would like to welcome you to iRV2. Browse the forums that interest you and don't be afraid to ask questions. This site is a great RV resource.

On the subject of holding tanks for your 1973 Winnebago RV. I have been told that Winnebago saves their old fiberglass molds. I recommend you call Lichtsinn Motors at 1-800-343-6255 and ask to be transferred to their RV Parts Dept. They are a large Winnebago dealer located a mile north of the Winnebago factory in Forest City, IA. They have been very helpful to me over the past years. Have your serial no. and model handy when you call them and I believe they can answerer any parts questions you have in short order. Winnebago will not sell direct to a customer and request you place any orders through one of their dealers. Good luck on your project. Keep us posted on your progress. I would encourage you to visit our Vintage RV forum. Click Here I hope this works

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Winnebago roto-casts their own tanks, so I bet that they could make you a new one if needed. I would give them a call.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We have had good luck here. colawrvsalvage.com
Old 01-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Recent Winnebago holding tanks are custom designed for that model MH. For example, my fresh water tank(s), yes, 3 of them, plumbed together, are designed around the engine compartment.
Yours may be one tank. If Petro's advice meets a dead-end (which I doubt), here are some tank sources:
Closed Rectangular Tanks
RV Waste Holding Tanks | Replacement RV Waste Take | Grey Water, Black Water Tank
RV Holding Tanks | Replacement Rv Holding Tanks
And, if you need to do some tank calculations:
Tank Specification Calculator - Liquid Storage Tanks | Panner

Hope this helps a bit.

:welcome:
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

RVhopeful73

Thanks for all the advice everyone out there in RV land Question and Im told its common with the 1973 winni bago brave but I'm in need of a transmission cable its 8 feet long from the shifter to the transmission and I can't find one anywere or even a place that can make one for me, anyone no anything that can help me? Thank You in advance.
RVhopeful73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhopeful73 View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone out there in RV land Question and Im told its common with the 1973 winni bago brave but I'm in need of a transmission cable its 8 feet long from the shifter to the transmission and I can't find one anywere or even a place that can make one for me, anyone no anything that can help me? Thank You in advance.
One of these companies might have one: RV salvage and surplus stores.
When you wish to address a different subject, it's best to begin a new thread so your new subject doesn't get lost.
The Winnebago Brave is an icon in the MH industry, that's why Winnebago revived the model and name. I hope you enjoy your restoration project!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank