Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2021, 06:36 PM   #1
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

I’ve been thinking about this …..

For a while.

I didn’t like that I was loosing a bunch of water from my fresh water when heading out. I’d fill to the top but arrive with !??? But not full.

So, I put a water valve in the over low pipe. I fill till full then shut off the overflow and it works great.

Unless, I miss the timing and the tank gets above full. This creates a vaccume and once I open the valve (when I arrive at my destination) the water starts flowing out my overflow.

And now the dilemma. I think I need to create a way to let the vacuum out. I need to put a “t” in the overflow that sticks above the overflow location.

Or, what do you think. Hopping to get some input and thought. The anti vacuum could go anywhere that is above the overflow height.

????? Your thoughts?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2021, 07:25 PM   #2
'21 View 24J

Hi - Grandpa Ron solved his problem this way:

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:03 AM   #3
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Interesting but not the same

He has installed the check valve above his tank. And his problem is overflow. Mine is suction.

My overflow comes out of the tank and has a 90 degree turn downward and I think that is part of the problem. Once the tank is full water starts coming out of the overflow. Once the water starts flowing it creates a siphon and continues to flow.

I’ve tried opening a tap to allow air into the tank (but that doesn’t work because the pump won’t allow air back through it) but water continues to flow out. Eventually it stops but by that time I’ve lost 3 or so gallons (I think it stops once the plastic has sucked down so far that it suck air back into the tank from the overflow pipe.

I put a valve on the overflow to stop overflow loss (I open it once I get to my destination).

But, back to losing water from suction. I think I need to change the overflow so that it has an air input (with or without a check valve) above the tank level.

That’s what I was wondering if anyone had done/fixed etc.

Thanks