Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I Need some water heater help please

Just arrived in Florida and I have no hot water. Water will flow with WH bypass open but not in normal. I assume it is the check valves behind the WH. Can anyone tell me how to reach them. RV is 2004 Brave.
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

First, check the winterized by pass valves to be sure they are in the right position.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

My '02 Brave had three valves near the heater that had to be est. Had to get a younger / smaller nephew to crawl in the hole and change the check valves on the back. If you can get to the check valves and remove them, you can just remove the spring and plunger. Will have to replace them though if you want to bypass and winterize again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Did you access the valves by removine the white panel just to the side of the heater. If so how does this panel come out?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Yours may be similar to our previous 03 Adventurer 33V. The panel has an L bracket at bottom inside corner, 2 screws. Open heater door and there should be 3 or 4 screwas going into end of board. On mine the water pump, water pipes and a light were also installed on board. I removed pump outlet connection and placed pump on shelf. Removed light and inserter butt connectors on wires to facilitate removing lite. Unscrew piping from board and move carefully to the left. Board then is worked out.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the replies. I wound up cutting a hole under and to the back of the heater. The check valve on the hot was so tight I had to use a cheater to remove and could not turn it working from the side.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

hot water problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Bill View Post
Thanks for the replies. I wound up cutting a hole under and to the back of the heater. The check valve on the hot was so tight I had to use a cheater to remove and could not turn it working from the side.
I just went thru the same problem..we have an 03 Adventurer...our RV has a piece of cardboard sprayed with undercoating covering a access..our rv has one of those system that heats the water going down the road...if you run the system with out any water in the tank, there is a high temp cutoff...thus no hot water...the check valve..I tried to get it out, but finally took it to a dealer to change...best 100$ I ever spent...good luck
rv
firesafety55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water