Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2021, 07:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

How to drain pipes when storing camper for winter

I have a 2018 Winnebago micro mini 2106 fbs and needing to know the best way to drain my water pipes to store my camper for the winter.
Celtic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Check out this video

I followed these steps and it really wasn’t difficult. He also has a de-winterizing video too. Will do that in a couple weeks here in Tennessee.
cjbbgmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

You will have to find the low point drains valves on the outside of your unit. There will be one for the cold line and one for the hot line. You may have more than one set of valves. This link will help with that
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

You will also need to drain your water heater. That will take a 15/16 socket to remove the plug. You will also need to find the water heater bypass valves, turn them the other direction. Now you should be ready to either blow the water lines or put RV anti freeze in the lines. It really depends on where you live as to which one is best.

Good Luck and safe travels
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
You will have to find the low point drains valves on the outside of your unit. There will be one for the cold line and one for the hot line. You may have more than one set of valves. This link will help with that

You will also need to drain your water heater. That will take a 15/16 socket to remove the plug. You will also need to find the water heater bypass valves, turn them the other direction. Now you should be ready to either blow the water lines or put RV anti freeze in the lines. It really depends on where you live as to which one is best.

Thank you so much
Old 02-18-2021, 04:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank you so much!!
Old 02-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Note that in the video he pushes in on the city-water check valve while the system is pressurized (and antifreeze shoots out). Don’t do this. It damages the valve. He has another video showing how to fix the valve.
Old 02-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:

While this link is a great place to go, it is also for the motorized RV, not trailers which get much less support that the other, so it may not be a good as needed. For motorhomes, we get lots of drawings that show where the lines run and all kinds of good stuff we can look to see those drains, but we are left pretty much guessing on the trailers.
One way to go is to look in all the little nooks and cubbies where they might hide a drain valve or underneath where you might be able to spot a tube sticking out with nothing on the end, so that it is a drain and then somewhere often just above, there is a valve to find!
A few big points besides finding the drains are to remember the small details. Find the water pump and make sure there is not water left standing in the small glass filter at one end of the pump. These can get installed with the filter body hanging down and that means water stays in the glass, better to turn it bottom up so water drains out of the filter!
Don't forget some anti-freeze in the black and grey holding tanks, just as cheap insurance against the super big chance of breaking a tank!
Add some antifreeze to each one of the drain traps and the stool if it has water standing. I like to leave a bit standing on the stool seal as it keep odors from creeping up and into the RV. The antifreeze is also kind of a "lube" for that rubbery seal of the stool.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2106 ds andthe low point drains are located under the bathroom sink - you need to take up the panel to access them
n9wdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

It appear that on my 2003 31C Minnie there are no low point drains. Did I miss that in the diagram I looked it over a lot and also looked at my coach.
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:36 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashmaster View Post
It appear that on my 2003 31C Minnie there are no low point drains. Did I miss that in the diagram I looked it over a lot and also looked at my coach.
The points I would assure were dry are the water heater, the water pump and if it has a small filter at the intake side, make sure that little glass gets drained, of course the tanks and big drains for them but I think I also see a couple drains for the lines. Click the pic to get a better view but I might say it shows under the vanity sink and maybe a set of valves, possibly under a panel in the floor?
Antifreeze in the traps, shower vanity and sink as well as some in holding tanks if not sure they drained well.
Some guessing there, so be aware of the possible value of free advise!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drains.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	177485  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, I will check those points out
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags