Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question ? How to Clear Clogged Mid-Bath Macerator Pump?

2-month wait to get the coach into the dealer for service and wanting to put it to use in spite of the problems we've got.

Caveat that I don't do household plumbing tasks beyond pumping the plunger or changing an aerator (and for dam good reasons based on past experiences).

How much trouble is it to take all the hoses, etc, apart, clean out the clog, and put it back together again? It looks like it might be "easy enough to do even for an idiot amateur like me" but I refer you back to sentence #2...
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
Site Team

luckily... knock wood ... I have not had to do this job.

I have a Techma in my Adventurer, but I don't know what you have. But I suggest a YouTube search is a good way to find out once you know what brand of toilet you're talking about.

In EVERY post about this subject I've seen the problem is getting access to the rear of the toilet. With access everyone says easy. Without it you have to take the toilet off it's mount.

If you like RVing more than saving money on items that are in warranty call an independent tech and have them come to you and fix the issue. You can always send the receipt to Winnebago and ask to be reimbursed. I've seen other posts where that worked.

Tags
ace