Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I can't get a full tank of water. Every time I try to fill up the fresh water tank full....untill it starts leaking out of the overfill tube.... it keeps running out until its 3/4 full.

How do you get a full tank of water???

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I can't get a full tank of water. Every time I try to fill up the fresh water tank full....untill it starts leaking out of the overfill tube.... it keeps running out until its 3/4 full.

How do you get a full tank of water???

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The following works for me:
1 - Stop filling before it begins coming out the overfill tube.
2 - When it begins coming out the overfill tube, pull the fresh water dump valve for apx 10 seconds to break the vacuum.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thank you all. Live and Learn. Never had a problem but both replies tell me what to do, If I Do. Safe Travels
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:29 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Hmmm. I HAVE had that problem and didn't know it. I thought I had just not filled it all the way but did wonder why there was water on the ground . Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Shot in the dark here, but how is the fresh tank vented?. Is it possible that a "pressure head" is forming as the tank is filled. If so, maybe opening one of the faucets while filling would prevent the build up, and the "dumping".. just wondering...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rgrstndgby:
Shot in the dark here, but how is the fresh tank vented?. Is it possible that a "pressure head" is forming as the tank is filled. If so, maybe opening one of the faucets while filling would prevent the build up, and the "dumping".. just wondering...rgr... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing.....how about if I just turn on one of faucets.....hhmmmm

Thanks for the replies, maybe I can just tell my dealer of the promblem and they might offer to fix it.

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We had a similar problem with our Horizon. The tank overflow doesn't stick down into the tank to create a siphon, which is good, but with the tank full we would reach our destination and have only two thirds to one half of our water left.

Turns out that the overflow is located at the front of the tank and every time the brakes were applied, the water would shift forward and out the overflow.

Problem was solved by adding additional piping to the overflow to form a U shaped section laying on its side that runs form the overflow to the rear of the tank and back to the front where it connects to the original pipe and out the bottom. Works just fine as an overflow and prevents any water loss when braking. 8 feet of pipe, three L's a T and about a half hour of work.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Mark ...

I am not understanding your fix ... I can picture 4 L's and 8 ft of pipe ... I am a little slow on the uptake once in awhile how's the T used ?

{periods for spacing]

|
------------------
.........................|
.........................|
------------------
|
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Hi SkiGramp,

Without generating a CADD drawing and creating a .PDF then waiting for it to post so I can link it here, I'll try using the keyboard. Wish me luck, since I don't know how this will look in a post. Fixed space font should work but proportional space will not look right at all.

Original setup.
______
| |
__________________________|_ |
| | |
| The Tank | |
| In my case two ea. | | Front of vehicle, when you brake, there goes the water.
| | |
|__________________________| |
|
|
| overflow

The change.

| | |
| The Tank | |
| In my case two ea. | | Front of vehicle, now when you brake, the water can't escape.
| | |
|__________________________| |
|
|
| overflow

The T connects the two tank overflow connections together. If your coach has only one tank then skip the T. The reason for the four L's is I didn't feel like trying to remove the old ones, just cut them off and through them out.

Well, here goes.

That's what I was afraid of; the Message board dropped all the extra spaces. Oh well, I'll try the CADD route. Patients please; I have way too many Dr. appointments.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Here it is, not sure why the contrast is so low.