Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

hot water mixing valve

I know that some of the motor homes have a hot water mixing valve to set a constant shower and sink temp. I am thing I would like to upgrade my 26P to this system. Has any one else done this? I also am thinking hard about a circulation system to save water. this would help on those extended dry camps.
It seems like we use a gallon to set the hot water every time.
john
leptronjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #2

Mixing valve are notorius for messing up and expencive to replace. I recently had to disasemble mine then crank it up a few notches hotter, Next time it fails, out it comes.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi chief,
was that an Atwood mixer, it seems they have had a bad rep but I have installed mixers in motels and homes with very little problems.
john
Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 PM   #4

We have an Atwood mixer on our Fleetwood Expedition and have replaced the mixer valve twice, once under warranty and one with ext. warranty plan. In my research when we had problems, there seems to be other mixer valves that are more reliable than Atwood. I would not add one to a motorhome.
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have purchased a Watts Regulator Hot Water Tempering Valve 70A. Will be installing it in a few weeks. Check Ebay.
Watts Regulator Hot Water Tempering Valve 3 4" 70A | eBay
Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #6

My Atwood WH ahd a Watts that went bad. Atwood does not have there own and may use a few diff ones but mine was a Watts.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

chief02.
I did not realize that the atwood was really the watts, I guess it makes since now, thanks.
Erstanso,
We will have to stay in contact on this. I really need to protect my wife and I, It is too easy to bump the valves in the shower, we are old :-) and can't jut that fast anymore.
Buffalo Bill,
thanks for the comment, we are studying any thing for info that comes our way. hopefully we can make this easier for those who come behind us. I will make sure the new valve is in a position to replace easy and carry one spare..
john

Tags
water