Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #21
Site Team

On my first RV, I tapped into the line for the grill before the RV regulator and stretched a 12 foot hose to my Weber, leaving the Weber regulator attached. Oil built up in the line and eventually the regulator failed. Weber provided a new one under warranty, but said I should not use that length of hose. I wish I had tested what they said, but after that I went back to using a canister.

On my latest RV, the grill line is after the regulator, so I removed the Weber’s regulator. It has worked well with very consistent grilling quality. I still use a 12 ft hose.

Wishing you the best in solving this, as a perfectly grilled steak makes for great camping!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:50 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! Any suggestions about removing the regulator where it connects to the hose (not sure what would be left to connect to) vs taking off the regulator and the hose it is attached to where it connects into the grill? Any thoughts? Could find nothing helpful on line
shanghaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:02 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaimom View Post
I am still struggling with the hose connections to connect to my Micro MInnie quick disconnect plug. Finding a plug to go to the RV is easy. It is the end that connects into some type of appliance that is the problem. I bought a GASPRO 20 Feet Low Pressure RV Propane Quick Connect Hose Extension - 1/4 inch Safety Shutoff Valve & Male Full Flow Plug for RVs to connect to my RV propane quick disconnect and a standard BBQ grill or in my case a propane fire pit. The 1/4” male fitting works fine into my Micro Minnie but I need a standard Female Type 1 fitting for the other side (to connect to a gas grill). Has anyone seen such a combination? If not, is there an adapter which will convert the female quick disconnect valve to a standard Type 1 female fitting? (the type of fitting one would find on a standard propane tank)
This is the hose I use to connect my Blackstone griddle to my RV QD fitting. It has a standard 3/8” female fitting:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X7VBJ3B...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-09-2021, 03:31 PM   #24

How to approach this problem from a number of angles?

So, if there is oil in the LP, is this stuff naturally occurring or is it added?

Do Canister LP (cans) sold for bbq use have oil in them?

Does the RV regulator by design block the oil from passing though to the Suburban room heater and to the stove top? ...I doubt it or we would be draining our 30Gal LP tanks of excess oil, so it has to get burned and turned into fumes.

===

Back to using the LP before the 30Gal Tank regulator: Does any one think I'm tasting the oil when I'm cooking my steaks on this Coleman grill?

Are BBQ regulators not designed for use with LP propane? ...Which to my understanding is not quite the same as Natural Gas plumbed to a house.

===

Note: I do plan to satisfy my curiosity by cooking some ground beef burgers on my Coleman grill (oil or no oil) and if these turn out fine, then I will continue to grill and see if all my concerns are unfounded. At which point I will just blame the terrible tasting Rib-eye on buying "Grass Fed" Walmart quality Black Angus Steaks.

Note: I seem to remember trying grass feed ground beef one time, years ago, and not liking the taste.

So, has the food industry programmed us all into what we think tastes good? I.e., is there anyone out there who is thinks "grass feed" beef does not taste that great?

Why? ...Well, I specifically bought "Grass Fed, Black Angus" to get the best, but maybe it's all just marketing?

On the other hand, I never knew there is an oily residue in LP so what is this stuff?
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank