Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Help with Aqua Hot Tempature Control

I have searched this forum and the internet for a definitive answer on what controls the AH system in my RV. I have asked many people in the RV industry including calling Winnebago Service Line. The tech's response to my question "I am not familiar with that system" How is that possible???

My RV has a thermostat in the bedroom and when it is turned on it provides heat to the bedroom and rear bath from Zone 2 of the AH system. Works great.

What turns on Zone 1??? When I turn the TrueAir on it starts up the heat pump in the air conditioner but not Zone 1 for the AH. I want heat from the AH system with out having to use the heat pump. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how do you do it?
CPO_Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm not an expert In Aqua Hot, but I definitely know who to call. Give Bob Vinson at RCV Custom Coach Services a call. He's Aqua Hot certified and can give you the answers. His # is 541-870-6233 or email him at [email protected].
Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

There's got to be a thermostat in the living room or - you sure zone one is not also controlled by that same thermostat in the bedroom? Both zones in ours are controlled by one thermostat controller, in our case it's in the front of the coach. I use one button to choose the zone I want to update and to set "electric or gas", and a couple other buttons to set the temp I want in the zone I have selected. Maybe you could post a photo of your thermostat control?
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Give Bob Vinson at RCV Custom Coach Services a call. He's Aqua Hot certified and can give you the answers.
I am sure that Bob is a great guy and may know a lot about Aqua-Hot systems, however neither Bob or RCV are listed on the Aqua-Hot Service Center listing, here: Service Locations

- Roger Berke -
www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Similiar to JMonroe's, the AH heat for inside the MH is controlled in ours on the common 3 zone thermostat mounted on wall opposite from refrigerator ( when set to gas heat)....
The AH heat for the lower storage compartments is controlled by a separate thermostat located on the upper wall inside the door for the lower compartment on opposite side from the water tank fill and dump valves.... This one is a simple small silver box with a single black knob that when turned full on maintains the bottom compartments around 50 degrees F.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

What type of thermostat do you have in the bedroom? Is it Duo-Therm 4 button or 5 button thermostat as shown in the photo below?

How do you turn on the front air conditioner unit?

- Roger Berke -
www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 and 5 Button Thermostat.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	28539  
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
I'm not an expert In Aqua Hot, but I definitely know who to call. Give Bob Vinson at RCV Custom Coach Services a call. He's Aqua Hot certified and can give you the answers. His # is 541-870-6233 or email him at [email protected].
Thanks John I have sent Bob an email hopefully he can help.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to WhiteEagle and Roger for your info. It was 42 degrees last night and while I did have heat I still had trouble getting heat throughout the coach. Roger neither of the pictured thermostats are used in my RV. Thanks again to both of you for your help.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

My previous Monaco with AHot had 4 thermostats. One in front, one in bedroom. Bathroom had one in shower area, another in potty room, but the potty room heat exchanger fan would not work unless the shower area thermostat was also on, like it was wired in series. You may have a similar sitation with two thermostats working together in the front area.
Lloyd Morris
Denton, TX
Lloyd59hen is offline   Reply With Quote