Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello All,

Just used the moho this weekend and when the grey tank got to 1/2 or 3/4 full, it started leaking. It was a pretty steady drip from up near where the tank sits in the frame. It has outside probes, so that's not it. And it's not leaking near the valve since it is along the opposite side of the tank (curbside)

As soon as I drained the tank, it stopped (obviously!) and when I refilled it, it didn't leak until it got fairly full again. I thought these tanks were seamless, but if it was a two-piece design (top/bottom half) I'd say it was leaking in that area.

Any thoughts?
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello All,

Just used the moho this weekend and when the grey tank got to 1/2 or 3/4 full, it started leaking. It was a pretty steady drip from up near where the tank sits in the frame. It has outside probes, so that's not it. And it's not leaking near the valve since it is along the opposite side of the tank (curbside)

As soon as I drained the tank, it stopped (obviously!) and when I refilled it, it didn't leak until it got fairly full again. I thought these tanks were seamless, but if it was a two-piece design (top/bottom half) I'd say it was leaking in that area.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

HighwayRanger

We have the same problem -- when the gray tank is close to full we get leaking dripping from the belly of the coach where the tank is enclosed. Discussion with WInnebago Owner Relations resulted in their telling me I likely have a cracked tank, or loose/bad connection. What I suspect, is that one of the input lines on top is loose. I just have not figured out how to get to it. For now, I simply make sure I do not allow the gray tank to get over 2/3 full.

If I had a 2007 coach with this problem, I would be emailing/calling Winnebago Owner Relations to document the problem, and pursuring warranty repair.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My gray tank leaks when the tank is full to the very top. I traced the problem to a cracked rubber donut that seals one of the drain pipes to the tank. Problem is I cant get at the donut and also if I could get to it I don't know how it could be replaced without cutting out some of the drain pipe and replacing the pipe. Any ideas?
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Roadking

How did you trace the problem to the cracked rubber donut? Sounds like that could be my problem also.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I had the inlet pipe leak and a mobile mechanic repaired it by attaching a short extension pvc pipe and re-sealing. It was accessed through a panel in the toilet room. It seemed to have shifted over time and the inlet pipe was short and seemed to have been sealed with globs of silicone.
Cost about $100.00 to have it done and has been fine since.
Regards, Randy
Old 02-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

AFCHAP - Sorry for the long delay on the response. My leak only occurred wHen the gray water tank is completely full. I have the "Q" model with shower, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and laundry connections on the curb side. Next to my curb side water heater is the compartment with the water pump. I removed the black cover panel above the water pump area where I was able to see the tank top and water was resting on top of the tank. Next I pulled the curb side forwarded panel (verticle wall) on my pass thru storage compartment. From here I was able to see where the drain pipes go into the tank and are surrounded by this rubber donut. The donut is split. There is basically no room to get your hand in to replace the donut. I'm thinking I may be able to wrap a strip of the eterna-bond tape around the pipe to tank join area. I may be able to squeeze cauking into the area. Regardless, there is no room to access the area without major dissassembly.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Roadking

Thanks for that info. Although my shower, galley & washer are on the other side, I suspect the tank entry pipe is located close to where yours is on the curb side. I had the other side panel out of the storage compartment a few months ago to replace the black dump valve, so have a general idea of the layout. I'll pull those panels sometime and see what I can see ...going on Randy's comment, I may also see what I can see if anything is accessible from the "throne" room too.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

The verdict is in from the dealer. The factory didn't allow enough clearance between a piece of metal, and the plumbing near the grey tank. Driving caused it to saw through the part. No new tank required. $600 worth of labor covered by the OEM warranty.