Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I do the same thing that ISLAPP does. If you go to google and look up the Geo method it will give you all the info. I tried it on my black tank and it worked like a charm.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Adrian,

Check out the following link:

The Geo Method

Sounds like a reasonable method of cleaning tanks...
THutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

A couple of notes.

There are no adjustments on the new external sensor board except for the propane sensor.

In 2005 Winnebago went standard with the TrueSense system with external sensors, however they will still read full when the tank is empty if enough crud builds up on the inside tank walls.
I know this because I have the system installed in mine and both black and grey tanks read full even when empty.
Winnebago did extensive troubleshooting and was not able to fix it. The manufacturer has not been able to help either.

I pressure washed the black water tank and was able to get it to work for a while but it built back up and quit again.
I am going to retry the pressure wash and try to do a much better job this time.

I have tried the "Geo" method and every other thing I have seen suggested in four years of reading suggested solutions and nothing has kept the tank walls clean enough.

I don't have access to a tank wall that will allow a flush system to spray the wall where the sensors are in the black water tank.

I may be able to install one in a good place on the grey water tank but it's going to be a pain in the butt to install it.

I am beginning to think that fulltimers have more problems with this than less frequent users.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HandyDan:
Your US map is reversed.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for the Chinese.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:19 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not for the Chinese. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>