Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fresh water tank overflow

When filling the fresh water tank on my Adventurer any overflow seems to come from the Top of the tank. Isnt there supposed to be a pipe attached that takes the overflow away from the top of the tank? I have combed over the plumbing diagrams and see what looks like it should be an overflow but it isnt labled. Does anyone know this configuration?

2004 Adventurer 33V

Thanks for your help.

04 Winnebago 33v
Mortgagehomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My new Itasca Ellipse was delivered with the same problem you are describing. Water sloshed out of the tank moving and into the basement storage areas. Dealer just added a little more tube (the original installation had only about 10 " of tube) and extended the overflow to below the basement.
philbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbailey View Post
My new Itasca Ellipse was delivered with the same problem you are describing. Water sloshed out of the tank moving and into the basement storage areas. Dealer just added a little more tube (the original installation had only about 10 " of tube) and extended the overflow to below the basement.
Do you know where the overflow originated and terminated?

04 Winnebago 33v
Mortgagehomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Chuck, Mine has a tube, same as water line, from the top, rear passenger corner of the tank. With 2 elbows, it makes a 180 to exit thru the floor and exits under the coach. I think this was installed to provide overflow when you are filling the tank thru the city water valve.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortgagehomes View Post
Do you know where the overflow originated and terminated?
My tank is forward and separate from the basement area and below the coach floor area. The top of the tank is just below the coach floor. The overflow tube come from the top of the tank in the form of a 90 degree elbow fixture attached to the top of the tank. A plastic tube then runs across the top of the tank to the edge where another 90 degree elbow and tube drop down the side of the tank to below tank and basement storage floor level. That way the overflow water just runs onto the ground and never touches or runs over /down any part of the RV.
philbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Mine is like philbailey's. Also, if I overfill it does its job and then some!!! It overflows AND siphons almost the whole tank!! Couldn't figure why a tank that was full was empty an hour later.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

For comparison, here's what mine looks like. At the center of the photo, below the door opening you can see the low point drain. My overflow is similar and towards the leftside, out of frame.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgique View Post
Mine is like philbailey's. Also, if I overfill it does its job and then some!!! It overflows AND siphons almost the whole tank!! Couldn't figure why a tank that was full was empty an hour later.

wow mine does this "siphon" phenom as well! my system is supposed to have an "Auto fill Shut-Off" that automatically occurs if filled tank gets completely full. A switch shuts off water @ tank. Apparently mine does not function as water just starts pouring out overfill tube. If I leave city water pressure on and fill switch on at this point..... water will pour out forever.
fkloster is offline   Reply With Quote