Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 04:01 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Before trying the more complex fixes, I just run the outside faucet for 30 seconds and that stops the siphoning of the tank.

Hope it works for you.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Vista 30T's have that same problem-at least our 2012 30T did-drained to 2/3 to half tank when filled to overflow

Factory sent me the fix that looked like the one Grant Harris sent. When I looked at overflow someone had done it but used the wrong sized internal diameter pipe. I changed out to correct size pipe and that worked-stopped the siphoning. Only problem now is that when full and I park with the driver side low will loose water until I level up-have to watch at gas propane fill stastions
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I own a 2015 Vista 27N and there are three connections at the top side of the tank:
- the line from the city water connection when in the "fill position"
- the line from the water tank fill access panel
- the overflow that drains to the ground
- it's also true on mine that you can put water in faster than it can come out the overflow so follow Winnebago's instructions and monitor the water fill process and be there to shut off the water when the tank is full. At least on my type it can start coming out the second tube to the water tank fill access panel avoiding the tank from getting over-pressured.

There is a good air space above the top of the water when the tank is full and starts to overflow.

On the models that have the water tank fill access panel this provides a air source that prevents the siphon action

Just pointing out no one should say this is a general issue on all years all models Winnebago.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJ View Post
I have a 2011 Vista 35F and when I fill the fresh water tank until it runs out the overflow, the same way I filled the tanks on my previous 5 MH, it doesn't stop until it almost empties the tank. …
I would like to know if anyone else has this problem filling their tank, and if so, what have you done about it?
I read the beginning, and said "hey that's me!" Yeah, a 2012 Vista 35F. I remember during a fill, I got distracted, and the overflow was FLOWING … turned incoming water off, still kept flowing. and flowing. and flowing… Don't recall if it tried to drain itself nearly all out, because I just wanted a "little" for the road. Think I dumped it all out and restarted. (For reference, do a "fill a gallon" timed fill, then time on/off for how much you want to carry.)

Never diagnosed further, never filled that far (intentionally or otherwise) since.

Interested in hearing from others, though.

Tom
tsut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:45 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Maybe I haven't paid as much attention to mine when I fill it, but I have never had that issue. I have filled from home and have filled from the campgrounds. Worse case, use the gravity fill.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

My 2013 Vista 27N did the same. When I would fill the tank then drive, the water would siphon down to 1/3 tank. The dealer said they see this all the time. They re-routed the overflow up higher and added some fillings to make a sort of upside down "p" trap. Haven't had the problem since.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Maybe I haven't paid as much attention to mine when I fill it, but I have never had that issue. I have filled from home and have filled from the campgrounds. Worse case, use the gravity fill.
Our Sunova has the city versus gravity fill valve. For some reason, i've always had it in my mind that i didn't want to take a chance on putting too much pressure into the tank. I think i tried the pressure fill once just to see if it worked but since then, i've always used the gravity fill. I do have to say that i'm lucky in that it has a big hose going to the tank which makes for a fairly quick fill.
Mudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

I just completed a fix on my 2015 30T for stopping the loss of water from the overflow. It was a suggestion from a Winnebago rep and is vertually a copy of how my old Fleetwood was made. At the gravity fill, there is an unused air vent port. I disconnected the downtube at the over flow, rotated the remaining fittings to horizontal, then ran tubing from the fittings to the air vent port. No more water loss, but still allows air into the tank as water is used.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water