Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fresh Water Overflow

I’m new here so hello everyone,

I have a 2000 Chieftain 35U that drips water through the fresh water overflow drain whenever the pump is on or I am on city water pressure. The tanks themselves are currently only 1/3 full so their not overflowing. I can turn the pump or city water off and the dripping will stop in a matter of time. This is something that just started recently and I just can’t figure out the cause. Looking forward to doing some travel and boondocking this summer but need a fix first. Hopefully someone can tell me what’s going on.
Eruceht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruceht View Post
I’m new here so hello everyone,

I have a 2000 Chieftain 35U that drips water through the fresh water overflow drain whenever the pump is on or I am on city water pressure. The tanks themselves are currently only 1/3 full so their not overflowing. I can turn the pump or city water off and the dripping will stop in a matter of time. This is something that just started recently and I just can’t figure out the cause. Looking forward to doing some travel and boondocking this summer but need a fix first. Hopefully someone can tell me what’s going on.
I’m not familiar with your unit, but in mine, that would be a check valve...
Old 05-28-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I’m not familiar with your unit, but in mine, that would be a check valve...
The water tanks are below half full and are not filling up via a faulty check valve if that is what you are referring to. I can’t understand how water is coming back through the overflow drain if the tanks are nowhere near full. Also it only does it if either the pump is on or when connected to city water.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Were you able to figure this out?

I have a 2015 Winnebago Ultra Lite, 28ddbh. It is doing the same thing, almost immediately when I open up the city water the overflow drain begins to drip. The FRESH water tank is EMPTY also. Have been trying to get a plumbing diagram from Winnebago to see if I can trace the system.

If you found out what is going on with yours, I am sure it is a similar issue.

Thank you in advance!
NewRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRVer View Post
I have a 2015 Winnebago Ultra Lite, 28ddbh. It is doing the same thing, almost immediately when I open up the city water the overflow drain begins to drip. The FRESH water tank is EMPTY also. Have been trying to get a plumbing diagram from Winnebago to see if I can trace the system.

If you found out what is going on with yours, I am sure it is a similar issue.

Thank you in advance!
Yes I found out the problem with mine but I doubt it will apply to your situation. I had mistaken the refrigerator drain tube for the fresh water tank overflow. I had convinced myself that the water was coming from the overflow because it only dripped when there was water pressure via the pump or city pressure. So I prematurely ruled out the fridge condensate drain. Making no sense of why it was dripping I decided to fill the water tank until water was coming out the overflow. Crawled under the motorhome and saw that the overflow water was not coming from the same tube as where I was seeing the drip.
Then I knew it was coming from the fridge. After scratching my head for a while trying to understand why water was coming from the fridge even though it wasn’t running the light came on. My icemaker doesn’t work but it still was connected to water and the valve for it wasn’t holding. I figured that it must had started leaking at the connection point to the icemaker and running out the condensate drain. So I cut supply line just downstream of the valve and capped it off. Problem solved.

Tags
fresh water, water