Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 3
Fresh Water Overflow

I’m new here so hello everyone,

I have a 2000 Chieftain 35U that drips water through the fresh water overflow drain whenever the pump is on or I am on city water pressure. The tanks themselves are currently only 1/3 full so their not overflowing. I can turn the pump or city water off and the dripping will stop in a matter of time. This is something that just started recently and I just can’t figure out the cause. Looking forward to doing some travel and boondocking this summer but need a fix first. Hopefully someone can tell me what’s going on.
Eruceht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner
 
Wyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 454
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruceht View Post
I’m new here so hello everyone,

I have a 2000 Chieftain 35U that drips water through the fresh water overflow drain whenever the pump is on or I am on city water pressure. The tanks themselves are currently only 1/3 full so their not overflowing. I can turn the pump or city water off and the dripping will stop in a matter of time. This is something that just started recently and I just can’t figure out the cause. Looking forward to doing some travel and boondocking this summer but need a fix first. Hopefully someone can tell me what’s going on.
I’m not familiar with your unit, but in mine, that would be a check valve...
__________________
26 m 2018 Intent Owner with too many upgrades to mention. Seriously...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums248.html
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I’m not familiar with your unit, but in mine, that would be a check valve...
The water tanks are below half full and are not filling up via a faulty check valve if that is what you are referring to. I can’t understand how water is coming back through the overflow drain if the tanks are nowhere near full. Also it only does it if either the pump is on or when connected to city water.
Eruceht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Were you able to figure this out?

I have a 2015 Winnebago Ultra Lite, 28ddbh. It is doing the same thing, almost immediately when I open up the city water the overflow drain begins to drip. The FRESH water tank is EMPTY also. Have been trying to get a plumbing diagram from Winnebago to see if I can trace the system.

If you found out what is going on with yours, I am sure it is a similar issue.

Thank you in advance!
NewRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRVer View Post
I have a 2015 Winnebago Ultra Lite, 28ddbh. It is doing the same thing, almost immediately when I open up the city water the overflow drain begins to drip. The FRESH water tank is EMPTY also. Have been trying to get a plumbing diagram from Winnebago to see if I can trace the system.

If you found out what is going on with yours, I am sure it is a similar issue.

Thank you in advance!
Yes I found out the problem with mine but I doubt it will apply to your situation. I had mistaken the refrigerator drain tube for the fresh water tank overflow. I had convinced myself that the water was coming from the overflow because it only dripped when there was water pressure via the pump or city pressure. So I prematurely ruled out the fridge condensate drain. Making no sense of why it was dripping I decided to fill the water tank until water was coming out the overflow. Crawled under the motorhome and saw that the overflow water was not coming from the same tube as where I was seeing the drip.
Then I knew it was coming from the fridge. After scratching my head for a while trying to understand why water was coming from the fridge even though it wasn’t running the light came on. My icemaker doesn’t work but it still was connected to water and the valve for it wasn’t holding. I figured that it must had started leaking at the connection point to the icemaker and running out the condensate drain. So I cut supply line just downstream of the valve and capped it off. Problem solved.
Eruceht is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fresh water, water


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
View Fresh Water Overflow Leak? Siphon? Schoolhouse Winnebago Class C Motorhomes 13 06-15-2020 05:48 AM
Fresh water tank overflow ronwessrv Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 1 05-22-2019 04:03 PM
Fresh water tank overflow TerryJ Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 27 08-26-2016 01:05 AM
Fresh water overflow stuck in first Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 7 11-30-2015 10:57 AM
Fresh water tank overflow Mortgagehomes Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 7 05-20-2010 01:54 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×