Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fresh water overflow

On my 2008 Destination 39W the fresh water tank is mounted under the floor between the frame rails. Anyone know where the overflow is located? Can you fill it from only the city water connection by turning the selector valve in the utility bay or am I missing something.
stuck in first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in first View Post
On my 2008 Destination 39W the fresh water tank is mounted under the floor between the frame rails.
Anyone know where the overflow is located?

Can you fill it from only the city water connection by turning the selector valve in the utility bay
or am I missing something.
stuck in first
When I "fully fill" my fresh water tank with water from a faucet via a hose...water leaks from the overflow.
(Me thinks when you "fully fill" your tank it will be easy to find where your overflow is located).

Most RVs have a 2 position water valve in a utility bay.
1 position is for filling the tank...
and 1 position is for using water......either tank water (via the 12V water pump) OR city water, (via a hose from a faucet).

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply. On my Fleetwood you could fill the fresh from the valve in the utility bay or from an external vent/filler tube mounted on the side of the MH. Having over filled the fresh tank I saw water come from various areas under the rig. I was hoping someone could pinpoint it as you cannot see the top of the tank
Old 11-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

stuck in first, there is not a good drawing on line that shows the tank and the drain. The attached drawing in from the rear looking up. So looks like the drain is in the rear of the tank.
The link to the plumbing drawings is: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...9wj3_plumb.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank Overflow.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	112933  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

My 03 Winnebago Ultimate does not have a gravity fill port, which is what I believe you are referring to. I can fill through the hose reel or through a hose port on the water bay (both require turning the valve referred to earlier). But I also found a large diameter screw in cap on top of the tank and accessible from the battery compartment. I have used that opening to add sodium dichlor chlorinating crystals when sanitizing the system.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
On my 2008 Destination 39W the fresh water tank is mounted under the floor between the frame rails. Anyone know where the overflow is located? Can you fill it from only the city water connection by turning the selector valve in the utility bay or am I missing something.

If you fill out your MH info "ie Signature data" we may better assist you.

In the meantime, some MH's don't have a gravity fill thus you can only fill from the city water connection via a switch.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all. grtharris the link is just what I needed.
I will put update my 'signature data' on my to do list. I agree some MH don't have a gravity fill. My question was did my particular model have one
Old 11-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Thanks to all. grtharris the link is just what I needed.
I will put update my 'signature data' on my to do list. I agree some MH don't have a gravity fill. My question was did my particular model have one
stuck in first
Why not call Winnebago, 800-537-1885, with your VIN number and ask that question?
(IMO nobody knows YOUR PARTICULAR Winnebago better than Winnebago).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water