Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fresh/ water heater draining

Both the fresh water and water heater drain process is either open valve and spill or remove plug and spill. I really don't like the mess. I think having the ability to either capture the exiting water and use on plants or direct it away from the RV would be better choices. So I created that opportunity.

First on the fresh water drain. In the picture you can see a 3/4 SharkBite (slip to 3/4 pipe), then a PVC fitting followed by a 3/4 pipe thread to hose thread. I attach a hose and either drain into a bucket or to plants close by. water is reused and no mess.

Next, on the water heater drain I added my own drain. 1/2 SharkBite L (thread to slip), PEX, then a 1/2 valve (usually used for a washing machine HW inlet). Same as before, attach a hose and disposition the water as desired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresh_water_drain.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	170048   Click image for larger version

Name:	water_heater_closeup.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	765.7 KB
ID:	170049  

Tags
fresh water, heat, heater, water, water heater