Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2022, 01:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fresh water drain

2015 Winnie Itasca, 27QP. Does anyone know where the fresh water drain hose is supposed to be?
When I open the fresh water low point drain under the bed, the water spills out from all around the grey water tanks. There must be a kinked hose mis-located or something because it also drains quite slowly, even with faucets open.
Many thanks if someone knows the plumbing.
Kinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Going for the model, I find that is a "silver spirit 327QP ???
Looking at this drawing group and assuming the correct model, make, etc., I find these bits that seem to show a very simple drain setup.
First snip is overall, second is details of drain/pump area showing it comes pretty straight out of the tank and either drains if open or goes to pump.
Last snip is looking down on the area to show how lines run for better view of the deal?
Large green pipe is overflow from tank in case it is overfilled.

Maybe not seeing the reason for what you are finding, so maybe consider what else might be going on?
I'm not seeing much chance of a kinked drain as it is a short tube dropping straight down and likely only 8-10 inches long?

One thing to blow our minds is that water can leak and then take some time to finally get to a point to drop out and be found. Possibly consider what else might be going on?

Possible small leak at filter on pump? They are fairly easy to crack...
I turn mine so the base is UP, rather than hanging down where I feel they might hold water and crack when freezing.
Any chance of overfilling to leak on that line?

Info from this site:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drain27QP.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	182522   Click image for larger version

Name:	dran27QP-1 copy.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	182523  

Name:	drain topview copy.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	182524  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That’s it!

You have the right plumbing diagram and the problem is, the drain labelled “out from tank to drain or pump” drains quite slowly, and (I guess) just dumps on to the top of the grey water tank, so the water just comes splashing out from all around the grey water tank. I doubt that’s the way it’s supposed to drain.
I would hate to have to take out the grey water tank to see where the actual low point drain hose is.
Old 04-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

That is where I think there may be some confusion as the tanks are not on top of each other but as shown in these snips. The fresh is shown located in a space further back and inboard more than the others, with the drain supposed to simply drop straight out through the RV bottom.

Spot the shower asnd see where the grey begins just below it and then the fresh is some distance back and inboard from the shower?

Since it seems to be restricted, I might go with the idea that the tube has been folded somewhat and the end is now just above the bottom cover rather than extending all the way down through it all.

Possible to reach up in the hole to snag the tube and pull or wiggle it to come fully out the bottom? I normally expect to see a small tube sticking out for the drain, so if youu only see a hole and water falling in other spots, It sounds like that the tube is there but just not sticking out far enough?

All just guessing from here, though so it needs a closer look!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	grey.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	182530   Click image for larger version

Name:	grey2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	182531  

Name:	fresh.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	182532   Click image for larger version

Name:	grey tank.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	182533  

Old 04-24-2022, 10:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The water system in our 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q is exactly like the diagrams Morich has pulled up. When we need to drain the fresh water tank we simply open the drain valve under the bed.

It does drain rather slowly though. If I'm remembering right, it once took about half an hour to drain a full tank.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Fresh water drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
The water system in our 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q is exactly like the diagrams Morich has pulled up. When we need to drain the fresh water tank we simply open the drain valve under the bed.

It does drain rather slowly though. If I'm remembering right, it once took about half an hour to drain a full tank.
The fresh water drain in my Itasca 27QP is opened by the valve under the bed. It drains directly on top of the grey water tank and water spills all around the grey tank. I think a pipe though the floor under the bed must be off. I will get my grey water tank removed and have a look at what is under it.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:30 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Kinger, I am far from an expert on plumbing let alone plumbing in a camper. I think trying to remove the grey tank to see what the problem is may lead you to more nightmares than needed. As you can access the fresh water drain valve under the bed, would it not be possible to make new drain piping? That to me seems easier than removing a grey tank. Again just my thhoughts and another way to look at fixing the problem.

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger View Post
The fresh water drain in my Itasca 27QP is opened by the valve under the bed. It drains directly on top of the grey water tank and water spills all around the grey tank. I think a pipe though the floor under the bed must be off. I will get my grey water tank removed and have a look at what is under it.
So, you are saying that your fresh water tank is setting on top of your grey water tank? That seems like it would have to be a very thick floor to get that much space under the bed?

Since Winnebago has their tanks custom built with notches in each tank to fit around anythingelse they want to put in that space, setting on top of each other would seem to make the notch/cutout in the grey tank a wasted effort, if they built it as this drawing shows.

But if you do not see the drain sticking out of the hole underneath the RV, where is the drain tubing? I've allways been able to spot the drains by looking for the tubing hanging out underneath!

So the choices seem to be to look for the tube and possibly cut a hole about an inch wide in the underneath side to look for the tube, if you can't feel around to find it, or go to the massive deal of cutting out something as large as 4 X 6 feet to drop the grey tank to look.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Fresh water drain. Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
So, you are saying that your fresh water tank is setting on top of your grey water tank? That seems like it would have to be a very thick floor to get that much space under the bed?

Since Winnebago has their tanks custom built with notches in each tank to fit around anythingelse they want to put in that space, setting on top of each other would seem to make the notch/cutout in the grey tank a wasted effort, if they built it as this drawing shows.

But if you do not see the drain sticking out of the hole underneath the RV, where is the drain tubing? I've allways been able to spot the drains by looking for the tubing hanging out underneath!

So the choices seem to be to look for the tube and possibly cut a hole about an inch wide in the underneath side to look for the tube, if you can't feel around to find it, or go to the massive deal of cutting out something as large as 4 X 6 feet to drop the grey tank to look.
Yes, fresh water talk, at least the pump side, is directly over the grey water tank.. so you can see the drain hide going in to the floor but not coming out because it’s on top of the grey water tank. Going at it from the top would mean removing the bed! I think I’ll leave well enough alone, I just worry about what the water doing damage iunder the floor.
Thanks all. If I ever find out what’s going on, will let you know.

Tags
fresh water, water