Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #1
Site Team

Fresh tank leak

Ok, here’s a new one! My wife noticed water under our coach, so I got underneath and there was a persistent drip every few seconds coming almost directly from underneath the fresh water tank. I can’t see exactly, as Winnebago sets the fresh water tank over a metal skin.

I first verified there were no leaks in the system from the water pump to any of the outlets. After opening all inspection hatches and using my iPhone to take pictures where I could not see directly, I verified all connections and tees were dry.

I next turned off the water pump, but it was still leaking.

I next turned off the water pump and completely emptied my fresh water tank and the leak stopped!

We ran off the city water connection with the tank empty and there were no leaks, confirming my inspection earlier.

I then filled up the water tank 1/2 full but left the pump off, and the leak started again.

I think that narrows it down to the connection to the fresh water tank, where it goes to the pump (I verified no leaks in the pump area already), or a leak in the tank itself (which is unlikely). I can’t inspect that area, unfortunately.

I think that’s all the investigative work I can do before I take it in to the dealer, LaMesa RV in Davis CA.

I have a 2017 Winnebago Adventurer 35P.

Comments appreciated!
Al
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Bummer BYW I think their new location is in Sacramento check before you go.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Eagle View Post
Bummer BYW I think their new location is in Sacramento check before you go.
Sacramento is their sales location, and they are dedicating the DAVIS location to service. In fact, they are building another huge building to increase their service capacity. I really like that they are trying to expand service and not just sales.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Glad to hear that Davis is still open for service. I thought they moved it all to Sac. We bought our first RV from them and always had good service.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:44 PM   #5
Site Team

As a follow up, my RV dealer fixed the leak! It turns out that my model of the Adventurer has two fresh water tanks that are connected. The leak was in the connection between the tanks. It never occurred to me that there would be two connected fresh water tanks. However, I went onto Winnebago’s website and downloaded the schematics and confirmed that’s the case. Since it wasn’t the tank itself, but the hose connector, it is not covered by the extended warranty, but I gladly paid three hours of tech time to fix this. I am very happy with La Mesa RV and their ramped up service facility. They seem to have really good people working for them.
Al

Tags
leak, tank