Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Flushing Fresh Water Tank

I'm playing hide and seek. I have a 2005 Adventurer 5A. Can't find the elusive fresh water tank drain valve. Of course it could be labeled anything, since I've already been fooled by the city water fill/city water use valve. It doesn't say use, nut that's what it's for. Anyone know where I should take my flashlight and no -- I'm not shining it there.
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My wild guess is under the bed.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Have you found where it would exit the RV? It is usually at a low spot in the plumbing. It might just look like a small 'T' handle that needs to be lifted up to open valve. And no, I'm not talking about sewer dump valve, but small plastic valve.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If you didn't get an owners manual with your Adventurer you can download one here.

2005 Operator Manuals

Pages 10-8 and 10-9 show where the valves are... look like they should be in the water compartment near the pump.

Can be a bugger, that's for sure. On mine the water pump is in the sewer bay on the driver's side but the main water tank dump valve is up in the "ceiling" of a bay on the passenger side.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I basicly have the same question for my new-to-me 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30b. I've looked under the rv, but can't see a drain or anything to empty the fresh water tank.
Tom
tom1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1947 View Post
I basicly have the same question for my new-to-me 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 30b. I've looked under the rv, but can't see a drain or anything to empty the fresh water tank.
Tom
From section 10-8 of owner's manual:

Water Lines: Open exterior shower faucet and lay shower head on ground. Also place the tip of your finger inside the city water connection and gently press the backflow valve (small “button” in center of connector) to drain any water left in the city water line.
Water Tank:Large yellow-handled valve near the water tank under the bed. Raise the bedboard and mattress at the foot of the bed to access.
Water Heater: Drain plug on outside of coach, behind service door. Use socket to remove drain plug.
By-Pass Valve: Valve near the water tank under the bed. Raise the bedboard and mattress at the foot of the bed to access.
Winterization(Antifreeze) Valve:The valve and suction tube are located near the water tank under the bed. Raise the bedboard and mattress at the foot of the bed to access.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
I checked - no water anything under the bed, despite what the book says. There appears to be a yellow handle ball valve in the upper part of the water pump compartment which is all to itself on the passenger side. I haven't tried it yet but will today ( it's before sun up). There is a suction tube in that compartment too. Oh, a couple more valves for bypass and something else.
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Max,

I believe Bob's response was to the other poster with the Sightseerer, not to you. Your Adventurer manual doesn't say anything about a release under the bed.

From the Adventurer manual:

Water Lines: One (1) valve in the pump compartment on the passenger side
of the coach, behind the main entrance door. Open exterior shower faucet and lay shower head on ground. Also, to drain any water left in the city water line, place the tip of your finger inside the city water connection and gently press the backflow valve (small “button” in center of connector).

Water Tank: One (1) valve near the water tank in the pump compartment on the passenger side of the coach.

Based on your manual you are on track with the yellow handle in the water compartment.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Our 2005 Voyage has the fresh water empty t handle valve in the water pump compartment on the left up high.
Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water