Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I am trying to determine if I am finally losing it in my old age. We had a Minnie Winnie with the optional filtered water system added. The separate faucet (as I remember it) had a spring return so that if you let go of the handle, the faucet shut off. If you opened it fully, there was some sort of detent which held the faucet open until you closed it. We recently took delivery of a 2005 Voyage which had filtered water as a standard feature. It looks exactly the same as what I had on the MW but has no spring return. It merely stays open at whatever flow you have turned it to. I called Owner Relations and asked if there had been a component change in this system and they said there had not. When I recently took the coach in for an oil change at my dealer, I asked them to look at this issue. They have replied that the faucet is not made to have a spring and it is as designed.

Could anyone with filtered water system please help me understand this? If you have a 2004 model, does the faucet have a spring return? If you have a 2005 model, does the faucet have a spring return?

Thanks.

Larry
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am trying to determine if I am finally losing it in my old age. We had a Minnie Winnie with the optional filtered water system added. The separate faucet (as I remember it) had a spring return so that if you let go of the handle, the faucet shut off. If you opened it fully, there was some sort of detent which held the faucet open until you closed it. We recently took delivery of a 2005 Voyage which had filtered water as a standard feature. It looks exactly the same as what I had on the MW but has no spring return. It merely stays open at whatever flow you have turned it to. I called Owner Relations and asked if there had been a component change in this system and they said there had not. When I recently took the coach in for an oil change at my dealer, I asked them to look at this issue. They have replied that the faucet is not made to have a spring and it is as designed.

Could anyone with filtered water system please help me understand this? If you have a 2004 model, does the faucet have a spring return? If you have a 2005 model, does the faucet have a spring return?

Thanks.

Larry
Old 01-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2003 Brave 34D. The kitchen faucet does not have a spring return. I believe this is a Moen faucet. As far as I know the kitchen is the only faucet with filtered water.

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sorry for not being clear on this. Yes, the filtered water faucet is a separate fixture in the galley sink. My regular galley faucet is a Moen with a single lever for mixing hot/cold. The filtered water has its own spout and the valve controlling water flow is at the base of the spout. It turns on/off by moving around the spigot. I was sure that when I twisted the handle to turn water on in my former MH, there was a spring return so that the faucet would not stay open. But then, I may have not had a clear recollection of the process.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

On my 2004 33V WH, the filtered handle will stay open when opened fully, but anything less will allow it to return to closed..There is a slight "detent" feel as it reaches wide open. Try yours from 1/2----2/3, and see what happens...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

rgrstndby....

Thanks for the response. You have confirmed that at least some part of my mind remains. This is exactly what I remember of my Minnie Winnie filtered water faucet. It is not, however, how the faucet on my 2005 Voyage behaves.

I guess that what remains now is to hope that someone with a 2005 model responds so that I determine if a change has taken place between the model years. There also is the off chance that different faucets may be used on different models. Although that does not make good sense to me, it is certainly possible.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

If the filter is a Everpure then the faucet is probably part of a Everpure kit that includes the faucet. Mine also springs back. If your dealer has a accessory store they may sell the kit. If they do then check how the faucet in the kit works.

Oklahoma City, OK
Buddy & Jenna Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Its broken. It IS supposed to "spring back'. Your dealer is mistaken. Insist that is is replaced.

IF they give you any trouble, call WI customer relations, they will help you.

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I agree it's broken, mine springs back when not fully opened.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We will be picking up our new 2005 Voyage next week (supposedly). I will check out how ours works per your post. Will sure let you know what we find.

Ford V10
Rapid Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:27 AM   #11
jeb
Winnebago Camper

I agree that it's not functioning correctly. Both of our Winn RV's have had those and both were as you described for your Minnie.
jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all for your feedback but I feel that it is the right time to say, "Well hush my mouth." I picked my coach up today from the dealer where I was getting the initial 3K oil change. While there I visited several Winnie class A models and have come to the following conclusion - in spite of what Owner Relations told me over the phone, there has indeed been a change between model years 2004 (and prior) and 2005. EVERY pre-2005 coach that I looked at operated exactly as my earlier Minnie Winnie did - "spring close" when not opened fully. EVERY 2005 coach that I looked at operated exactly as my 2005 does - no "spring close". Granted, this was a small sample from a single dealer, but included more than one model line. I now see no reason to doubt my dealer's statement that my faucet was not spring loaded nor designed to be spring loaded.

Rapid Ray....
Please do let me know what you find when you pick up your new coach. I will remain interested but, for the time being believe this topic to be solved (closed).

Thanks everyone.